Newbie and Grand C-Max owner with probs - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-06-2011, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Hi,
I'm a newbie to this forum and owner of a 2011 Grand C-Max Titanium since 31st March.
Unfortunately we are having massive technical problems with the car which started not long after purchase and have steadily got more frustrating.

From reading some of the other posts on here it looks like we are not the only one's experiencing some of the problems, although ours do seem to have pregressed somewhat from some of the older posts I've seen.

Glossary of probs includes:

Childlock system malfunction
Not starting, then saying the key is not in the car
Warning that the key is not in the car (when it is) - a few times while driving on the motorway!!
Locked out of the car for approx 30 mins at a time on a few occasions now
Returning to the car to find all 4 windows fully down
Power boot not opening/closing properly
Dip in engine power when pulling away
Other numerous little one offs etc

Car has been in to the dealer approx 6 times in the last couple of months now, with no fix in sight!
Ford Customer Relationship Centre and Ford technical are apparently on the case.

If anyone else has any experience of this, or any pointers as to what I can do with Ford to get something sorted would be greatly appreciated.

We love the car in general as it suits our family and what we wanted in a family car, but now losing all confidence in it due to the intermittent probs. especially when its so unpredictable.

Hope everyone else is having trouble free motoring with the C-max and Grand C-Max.

All the best,
Paul

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-06-2011, 04:15 PM

Hi Paul & welcome to the club[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img].I think you should get trading standards involved as the car clearly has problems.
MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #3 of 3 Old 12-06-2011, 06:16 PM

Make arrangements to leave car at stealers, have Crc provide courtesy car, state you will leave your car untill fixed, you will attend dealers to try to see if your vehicle is rectified, if not, drive away in courtesy car.

I received info today that despite an acknowledged and confirmed fault ( see slight annoyance post! ), the low volume of cars affected, they cannot and will not fix my car. I am still making 300 payments every month for what I, and several others consider a defective vehicle.
What a way to treat a member of staff eh? I'm going to look at the possibiltlity of trading my 22 month old car against a 6 yr old Mondeo.

2010 Titanium 2.0 TDCI Panther Black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page