Newbie from Down South - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 09-28-2009, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

Hello C-Max Owners !!

My names Mark & I'mnot exactly a newbie to forums as I've been with the ST Owners CLub for nearly 6 years now as I've currently got a slightly modded ST24 Mondeo. When I say slightly modded I've done a fair amount fo work to it & I was lucky enough to get a full feature on the car in Fast Ford magazine back in march last year.

Anyway, why I'm on here. I'm in the process of trading the old ST in (under the scrappage scheme, going to strip & sell all the bits as sadly it's worth more that way) & getting a C-Max 2.0L TDCi Titanium with a few added extras.

I'll no doubt be quizing you all on the plus & nagatives of the C-Max but for now..... Hello [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-28-2009, 03:37 AM

Hi Mark,welcome to the site.
I`ve a 53 plate 2.0TDCI Zetec.Had it just over 2 years now & within a week I`d bought a Tunit Digital box.With it turned up to 9 I cab get about 200bhp & 300lbs torque,up from 136 & 236.
I normally run with the box set on 5 so I have about 160bhp & 260ish torque.These settings are more than enough,especially on M/way & DC?ways as I only have to brush the noise pedal & I can pass most things with ease.Also mpg is up too.
I also fitted a K&N air filter which helps it breath a little better.
MM
MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #3 of 11 Old 09-28-2009, 03:51 AM Thread Starter

I like the sound of the TuneIt digital box as I've currently got 250bhp on tap so going down to 136 is going to be hard, lol

Have you got anymore info on these boxes, price/where from/ease of fittingetc?

Cheers

post #4 of 11 Old 09-28-2009, 01:07 PM

Welcome to the Forum
post #5 of 11 Old 09-28-2009, 06:13 PM

Tunit are at
www.tunit.co.uk
I paid around 440 2 years ago & that included vat & delivery.
Best thing is to ring them for a current price.
MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #6 of 11 Old 10-01-2009, 03:47 AM Thread Starter

Well I've gone & done it & placed the order for my C-Max So now all Ihave to do is wait sit back for it to arrive (& strip my Mondeo to trade in under the scrappage scheme)

The C-Max is a 2.0L TDCi Titanium in Panther Black with a few added extras; Sports Pack 3 (Half leather sports seats/18" wheels/sports suspensionetc), bluetooth & USB connectivity, Panoramic roof, dual zone climate control & of course the metalic paint (what ap1ss*r that is, only comes in white unless you want to pay more???). I'll be getting privacy glass fitted to it once it's arrives (mate will do it cheaper than fords) but thats about it. To say I can't wait now is a bit of an understatement

I've now got a bit of time to strip down my modded Mondeo & take all the bits off that are worth anything (engines coming out as well as the modded 3.0L lump is worth a fair bit) then it'll be load her up on the back of awagon & take her down when the C-Max arrives.

Already thinking about the Tuneit box that MetalMickey has given me the info for as going from a 250bhp Mondeo to a 236 C-Max wasn't the easiest of decisions (aided by the wife 7 the fact I've got a Kawasaki ZX-9R that I use most the time anyway, not mny cars are quick after riding that)

Anyone got the bluetooth & USB extra? Interested to hear peoples thoughts on it?

Looking forward to getting it now Edited by: MarkT
post #7 of 11 Old 10-01-2009, 02:52 PM

Sounds a good spec you have there mate.

Davy

post #8 of 11 Old 10-01-2009, 03:12 PM

Hi Mark and welcome.

Wonder if any of the extras you had on the Mond will fit the cmax? Either way, what you sell will get some nice bling for your new cmax, which sounds great.
post #9 of 11 Old 10-02-2009, 04:45 AM

Hi Mark

You had better check about removing the engine out of the Mondeo ...... some places insist that the vehicle to be scrapped must be able to move under its own power .... worth checking before you do all that work
post #10 of 11 Old 10-02-2009, 02:47 PM

By the time you read this,hopefully you should have your Tunit & fitted it.
I ran mine on 5 for the 1st 2 days just to see what the difference was,then turned it up to 9 for a bit of fun.
At the moment it`s on 7 ( cos I forgot to turn it back to 5 ) but I find for every day use 5 is best ooomph wise & for mpg.
When (& I know you will ) you set it to 9 & are on either a d/c or M/way at about 70ish in 6th,just brush the accel & see how quick it gathers speed & passes every thing (cept the boys in blue ).
You`d better place an order for 2 new front tyres if you keep it on 9 when driving around town.
Let me know how you get on please Mark
Cheers
MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page