Newbie - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-30-2010, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Just found this forum, seems great.

I have owned my 58 plate C-Max since September last year.

The car is great once you get it out on a run but around the doors and at slow speeds/pulling awayI find the clutch very unforgiving. When we first picked up the car it was like we had just learned to drive and would sometimes kangeroo or stall the car (very embarrasing). I mentioned this to the garage and they said it was just a trait of a modern diesel car and it would probably take time to get used to and we would have to adapt our driving style.

Well after several months with the problem persisting I went back to the garage and they still fed me the same line - ie your not driving it right!! I took it to another dealer who ran a diagnostic, they found that it was due an update and following thatthe car seemed marginally better.

If any other owners have had, are having a similar experience with their C-Max it would be great to hear from you.

p.s can anyone recommend any roofbars for the C-MAX other than the ford branded ones (they are extortionate).

Nice to be in the club

2008, 1.8 TDCi Zetec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-30-2010, 02:07 AM

Hi Wilso,welcome to the club.
What engine & spec have you got?.Modern diesels DO NOT have the trait the garage told,they have been fobbing you off.
How long have you had it & is it still under warrenty?
If it`s still under warrenty,take it back & say you are NOT happy & if they don`t want to repair it,you will be contacting Trading Standards.
That should put the fear of God into them.
MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #3 of 7 Old 05-30-2010, 02:25 AM Thread Starter

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply.

It's a 1.8 TDCi, I have had it since last September, only had 6k on the clock when I got it. I still have manufacturers warranty on the car.

After reading a few postings on the forum the concensus is that you have to keep the revs high when pulling away, which I would agree with, however the issue I have is as I said at low speeds it is very unforgiving, its not a good car at slow speeds at all.

The car has been driven by a Poilce driving instructor (shouldn't be anything wrong with his driving techique) and even he found it difficult, me thinks I have been fobbed of too long and as you suggested I will be going back to the dodgey dealer next week to see what other explanation they can give me. Wish me luck as they like most garages are adept at fobbing you off.

Cheers

Mark

2008, 1.8 TDCi Zetec

post #4 of 7 Old 05-30-2010, 02:31 AM

I had major probs with Toyota last November over an Aygo I got for my Mother.
We got onto trading standards & we eventually got the car back 2nd week in Jan,but at least it was fixed.Thing is,they still sell the car without the modification they put on ours & thet still deny there`s a problem?????
MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #5 of 7 Old 05-30-2010, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMicky08
Hi Wilso,welcome to the club.
What engine & spec have you got?.Modern diesels DO NOT have the trait the garage told,they have been fobbing you off.
How long have you had it & is it still under warrenty?
If it`s still under warrenty,take it back & say you are NOT happy & if they don`t want to repair it,you will be contacting Trading Standards.
That should put the fear of God into them.
MM
Unfortunately it IS a trait of both the 1.8 and 2.0 tdci's. This is due to the turbo stalling at low rpm, the reason for the stall is the turbo itself being tuned for optimum operation at high RPM to deliver Fords power figures.

2010 Titanium 2.0 TDCI Panther Black.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-30-2010, 04:34 AM

I`ve never had this problen at all in the 2 1/2 years I`ve had mine & it was not serviced properly at it`s two previous services before I got it.
MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #7 of 7 Old 05-31-2010, 12:13 PM

Welcome to the C-Max Owners Club forum.

Ford C-Max Zetec 1.6 TDCI - In Moondust Silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page