New Owner With Some Qns - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 10-02-2011, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

A BIG hello to everyone on the forums,

We picked up our new Ford Grand C-Max Manual 1.6 TDCI a few days ago on Tuesday 28th Sep.

Due to my wife's accident and subsequent disability, she needs a lot more space and a car that is higher - one that shecan get 'onto' rather than into.

We have always bought German cars but couldn't afford the mpv equivalents,but we were happy to opt for the Ford.We waited over 2 months for it, and I'm happy to say the car was worth the wait. I was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with the shoddy dealership anymore, but alas, I was wrong. The salesman we have been dealing with over the past couple of months said he would call yesterday as part of their aftercare service to see how we are finding the car. As I expected, he didn't call.

There area few issues with the car and your opinions are more than welcome.

1. The service book is not stamped -PDI page is blank.With our previous new cars there has always been a stamp or sticker with vehicle details.

2. We opted to pay the 200 for the Diamondbrite application.
We were not given any paperwork for the Diamondbrite Guarantee. I didn't receive the Diamondbrite Certificate or an aftercare pack. How do Iknow ifthey have applied it? There are no obvious signs it has.

3. The right hand side passenger window does not operate when the switch is pressed from the driver's side.

4. There is no cover for the front Cigarette lighter.Is this standard?

5. During the first few days of use, there is an awful musty/fishy smell coming from the vents after the car has been driver for 20 minutes or so. The smell hasn't appeared the last time I drove the car, but Iwanted to mention it just in case.

Thank you, and I hopeto see you guys on the forums.

Sonny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-02-2011, 04:27 PM

Hi, welcome to the club!
I'd book the car in with your list of troubles, also, ask the salesperson for a copy of the PDI sheet, if he cannot readily provide it, question if it were done at all ( window n/w, missing cigar lighter trim, absence of stamp etc. ) also apply same logic with diamond brite, personally, I'd ask for refund/part refund of PDI costs citing window never worked!
Also, don't expect too much, this is ford dealers at their best!
Good luck!

2010 Titanium 2.0 TDCI Panther Black.
post #3 of 12 Old 10-02-2011, 04:41 PM

Hi & welcome Sonny[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img],Do exactly as Kevmond says.Have you got any paper work that refers to diamond brite,if you do, take it with you & wave it under their nose & say you have no evidence this has been done.Don`t take "well,err it`s like this" from them.Give em ****[img]smileys/smiley15.gif[/img]
MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec

post #4 of 12 Old 10-02-2011, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your support. I was worried you guys would berate me for having a go at the brand!
Truth is, we went into our local Ford Dealer (only 5 -10 miles away) and their service was shockingly bad (no returned calls for a week after I left my contact details, twice)

So, I travelled a good half hour to the next closest dealership and they were good to begin with -basically, BEFORE I had signed. From what a lot of people told me, I wasn't expectinggreat customer service, but this was quite bad (no calls when promised there would be, unreturned calls,incorrect delivery dates and so on).

I have the original Order Form, a sales invoice and 'collection' Order Form all stating 199 for Diamondbrite.

To give them the benefit of the doubt, I will ring Diamondbrite tomorrow and ask them if there is a way to test if it has been applied. To my eyes, there is no evidence of it at all. No certificate and no freebie aftercare kit, which I hear they would supply.

I'll see what happens tomorrow and keep you guys informed.

By the way, is there a 'reviews/recommendations' section where I can find out which Ford Dealer(s) close to me are better/best please?

Edited by: Sonny
post #5 of 12 Old 10-03-2011, 03:54 AM

See if you can have a word in person with the Dealer pricipal ( depends where they are cited! ), at very least have a word with Service manager and/or Sales manager, explain your experiences. Explain you don't expect any action to speak of, more make them aware ( but hint at discounted 12500Mile service, which only costs dealer approx 40 to do inc of parts and labour would be nice ).
Unfortunately, this seems to be quite a standard ( the lack of customer service that is ) at most Ford Dealers, you'd think in the current economic climate and the lack of work in their garages, they'd pull out the stops just a little!.Went into BMW dealers a couple of months back, I know it's a premium brand, but the Sales guy greeted me " Hello Sir, how are you? how can I help you " and even addressed the children as children, not kids. Unlike Ford dealers, who addressed me as " alright mate, if you need anything I'm over here "

2010 Titanium 2.0 TDCI Panther Black.
post #6 of 12 Old 10-03-2011, 06:24 AM

<!--if gte mso 9>
<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:Trackatting/>
<w:Punctuati&#111;nKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfInvalid>false</w:SaveIfInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixed>false</w:IgnoreMixed>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w&#111;notPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-GB</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplex>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplex>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w&#111;ntGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndark/>
<w&#111;ntVertAlignCellWithSp/>
<w&#111;ntBreakC&#111;nstrainedForcedTables/>
<w&#111;ntVertAlignInTxbx/>
<w:Word11KerningPairs/>
<w:CachedColBalance/>
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/>
<m:brkBin m:val="before"/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val="off"/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:rMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/>
<m:intLim m:val="subSup"/>
<m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/>
</m:mathPr></w:Word>
<!--><!--if gte mso 9>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemi="true" DefQat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267">
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="0" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Normal"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="ing 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 7"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 8"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 9"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="35" Qat="true" Name="capti&#111;n"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="10" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Title"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="11" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtitle"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="22" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Str&#111;ng"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="20" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="59" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="1" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="No Spacing"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revisi&#111;n"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="34" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="29" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Quote"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="30" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="19" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="21" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="31" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="32" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="33" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Book Title"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/>
<w:LsdExcepti&#111;n Locked="false" Priority="39" Qat="true" Name="TOC ing"/>
</w:LatentStyles>
<!--><!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

<!-->

Hi Sonny,

I will very much appreciate it, if you can read my post on
MAIN MAASSAGE CENTRE topic ESP(traction control) light on (I have attached
picture with the esp light showing up) and please can you let me know if you
are getting the same light which shows up. Mosh<br style="mso-special-character:line-break">
<br style="mso-special-character:line-break">

post #7 of 12 Old 10-04-2011, 12:30 AM

Contact the FORD CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP CENTRE, explaining your gripes, They should, at the very least, have a word with the dealer about the poor service they have offered you.

04 C-Max 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #8 of 12 Old 10-04-2011, 10:50 AM

Hi Just one thing is there such a wide difference in price then for the diamondbrite only I paid 134 and not 200 for mine when I brought my cmax in March, also you can notice the difference when the stuff is applied the paint work outside looks cleaner and more gleaming (well it does on mine) plus ive noticed you get the new car smell lasting a lot longer and when ive spilt stuff like a clumsy twit liquids just run off. Also re your cigarettle lighter covers my titanium model had them when it arrived but I have to say they dont fit the lighhter socket brilliantly and I keep knocking them off and they are very easy to lose within the car

2010 Ford Cmax Titanium 2.0 TDCI 140bhp Powershift with electric boot.
post #9 of 12 Old 10-04-2011, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

This is the reply I received from the salesman at Dagenham Motors:

"I hope that you are well,

Sorry to hear about the below,

Your service book would not be stamped as it has not had a service as of yet.

The paperwork was in the aftercare pack which was sitting in the rear passenger seat. If you do have a problem in finding it I can see if I can get you a new one.

Regarding the window and the smell you would need to speak to my service department to check this over.

Please let me know your thoughts and I will speak to you later"

I clearly asked him in my original email if the car has had a pre-delivery inspection or not. He's replied back talking about servicing! Previous new cars I've bought (namely, an Audi and a Toyota) have a sticker or a stamp on the PDI page including a description of the car (things like VIN number etc.)

Can you please tell me if you guys have anything filled-in on your PDI page?

He's most definately lieing about theDiamondbrite"paperwork" being in the "rear passenger seat". What a load of tosh. There was nothing there. I rang Diamondbrite directly, and they said every Diamondbrite application at a dealership HAS TO come with a certificate and an aftercare kit containing 1 shampoo + conserver.

I will write a stronger email to the aftersales manager tonight, and if they can't sort it out, I'll take it further.
post #10 of 12 Old 10-04-2011, 02:49 PM

Hi Sonny I have never had Diamondbrite treatment so can't help you with that but my service book definitely has a dealer stamp and a date in the PDI section as it should have.

If the PDI was done properly there should be no faults at all. As you say, you need to go higher up the chain of the command and be a bit more forceful and ,possibly, find a new dealer for servicing.

I have found that smaller locally owned dealerships give better service than the big chains. Best of luck.

2011 C Max ecoboost Midnight Sky
with titanium x pack and city pack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page