New owner from Italy - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-13-2011, 03:10 AM Thread Starter

Hi, I'm Francesco from the hills outside Rome. I recently bought a '06 Focus C-Max 1.6 Tdci with automatic gearbox. It had just one previous owner from Milan that used it for a little less than 50K miles. I had a not very small problem gear related not later then a week after collecting it. It couldn't disconnect the gears when the car came to a stop resulting in the engine quitting every time I tried to move. I took it to a Ford service station with great difficulty and I was just able to collect it a week ago. the trouble was caused by the excess of metallic residue inside the gearbox oil, so after cleaning and replacing it and reprogramming of the gears, it now works smootly.
Anyway this is not the problem I want to trouble any of you here. (and hopefully not in the near future). I wish to ask you 2 tiny questions. The childminder mirror doesn't close correctly and always return to the open position. In the owner manual there is no description on how to remove the mirror to repair/change it, but just a picture, so I ask you how to do it. Also I just bought a central armrest, but before fitting it I need to remove the smaller one fixed to the driving seat. There no sign of a button or anything to remove it, and not even mention of the armrest on the owner's manual. Once again, does anyone here knows how to remove it?

Thank you very much for your help, it's greatly appreciated..

Francesco
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-13-2011, 06:04 AM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
Hi Francesco. Regarding the child mirror, the panel is removed as follows:
1. With a thin bladed screwdriver, depress the catch in the centre of the forward side of the courtesy light. (It's recessed into the front edge) This will allow the light to be removed. Disconnect the wires and set aside.
2. Above the light there are two "pozidrive" (crosshead) screws. Remove them and the panel will be loose . Do not force it as there are also some clips to free which fasten to a floating steel frame above the headlining. Once the panel is free of the frame, it can be lowered.
3. Dependant on your model, there may be other wires to disconnect from the rear of the panel before it is completely free of the car.

Once you get the assembly out, there is a cover above the child mirror which should un-clip to allow access to the workings. If it can't be repaired I daresay you'll pick one up on ebay quite cheaply.

Replacement is a bit fiddly as you have to clip the panel into the steel frame which lies on the upper side of the head-lining, before replacing the screws.

Regarding your central arm-rest, I'm afraid I can't help with that one. I was thinking of a similar mod myself, but, like you, I haven't figured out how to remove the existing (and largely useless) armrest.

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #3 of 6 Old 10-13-2011, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot, for the info. Very helpful.

post #4 of 6 Old 10-13-2011, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Garage
Welcome![img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
post #5 of 6 Old 10-28-2011, 04:36 AM

Welcome!Tks for your share.

A Global online stores in Car Electronics,Car Decoration,Car Accessories.All Free Shipping+12 month warranty+30 day money back guruantty more information,only step to http://www.onlyforcars.com
post #6 of 6 Old 11-21-2011, 06:40 AM

Hi all im a new Cmax owner as well.Im looking for thischildminder mirror Francesco and Budgie mentioned because i just have a sunglass holder up there but have 2 children.Do you know any place where i can find one? I tried google, ebay, amazon but there were no hits forchildminder mirror.[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page