New newbie! - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-25-2009, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Hi!

Have just bought an 06 2.0 TDCI ghia in black with black leather interior. As my previous car was a 12yr old Rover 200 it seems like the Starship Enterprise at the minute. Am slowly getting the hang of all the buttons and gadgets [finding the EPB a bit tricky!]

Finding it remarkably comfortable and frugal. Averaging about 45mpg on local jaunts but have had up to 54 mpg on a longer trip. My wife is only 5'3 and I am 6' so the electric seats and added height is very useful as we have to adjust the driving position a lot. Just hope I can keep it clean!

I intend to keep it for a long time and someone has suggested that I should have the oil and filter changed every 6 months [particularly as it is a diesel] as this is good for the engine. Is this a thing worth doing?

Regards

Tim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-25-2009, 09:06 PM

Hi Tim and Welcome

To answer the oil change, YES!
I know it does seem a lot and I think Ford do say something like 10-12,000 miles before a change, Doing it every 6,000 or every 6 months is a wise thing to do and will keep the engine in tip top form.
If you have just bought it then I would do this and change the Air filter as well and then change the oil again around November time.

Another thing to get is leather cleaner. I've got two young boys and keeping the back of the car clean keeps me busy but thank god for leather seats!

The EPB took me a while as well to get used to, more so on hill starts but now, clutch up and EPB down!

Have fun

SteveEdited by: lawe
post #3 of 3 Old 04-26-2009, 01:57 AM

Sounds like you have a nice car.I`m soooo envious of the extras,mines a Zetec.Hope you have many happy miles of C-Maxing and welcome to the site .

MM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page