C-Max Owners Club banner

new NEW CMAX owner

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  smashmingnice 
#1 ·
Hi all
Proud owner of the NEW CMAX 4 weeks ago. Delighted with the car for 6 days.
Since then the dream has turned into a nightmare!
The RAC and the ford dealers know the car better than i do.
Will post more details on a more appropriate forum than the welcome forum.
Got to go now.Have to arrange for the RAC to recover the nice shiny car to the FORD garage.
So for now a big .. if somewhat irritated hello

#3 ·
Hi Chris
its the 1.6 tdci 115 bhp titanium with park assist.

Fine for the first six days. In the garage at the moment for the third time. This time went in because of a malfucntion warning in th child lock system. This is also the first fault that occurred.
The message is displayed but you can only read it through the window because it cause failure of the central locking. Key fobs become inactive.
Other malfunctions requiring garage intervention
Tyre pressure sys malfuntion
Hill start assist not available
Engine malfunction. This required the RAC to tow the car to the nearest ford garage. They could not get it going for six days. 94 miles on the clock by then.
Other faults show when its connected to the computer.Faults cleared seem to re occur.
Ford technical are on the case i believe.
The child lock problem is now a recognised problem occuring on the new cmax.
When it was going its a nice car with a lot going for it. But without the reliabilty... i am probably not not going to be a Cmax owner for too long.

Hope your experiences with the cmax are more enjoyable

#4 ·
Hello everyone,
I have bought a brand new 11 reg Grand C-Max 1.6tdi and will be picking it up on the 14th March. Sadly I have never been in a position to purchase a brand new car until recently and I would like to ask you guys for some advice/questions I should ask Ford on the day I pick up my new Grand C Max.
Is there anything I should be checking for?
Regards
Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.