new member-first question!! - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 05-08-2009, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

Hi all-just brought 1.6 2005 last week-all fine apart that we only received 1 key-the garage only received the 1 key as well-they did say if I was to get a spare key they would re-programme it for me which seems the big cost...looking on ebay a spare remote -3 button fob with key ready to be cut is about 30-just wondering if this is the best option-also I guess I have to make sure the part number of remote fob is exactly the same?? and can I get the key cut at any locksmiths??
or is it worth just buying the keyblade without the remote control for about 10 so at least i have a spare for emergency
thanks for any suggestions-i just dont want to buy something and find i can not use it !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-08-2009, 03:58 AM

Even the ordinary (non remote kry ) will have to be progtammed to be able to start the car even if you turn the key in the lock to open the door or the bonnet

I would have thought that as the car would originally have been sold with two keys you have a claim against the dealer to provide this second key UNLESS they said SPECIFICALLY there was a reduction for them not supplying it

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page