New to the forum and CMAX - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 02-10-2011, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

<div style="text-align: center;"><div style="text-align: left;">Morning all, I have just bought a 2006 2.0 Zetec petrol CMAX, I have owned fords before but many years ago.<div style="text-align: center;">have recently had 2 cars written off whilst parked unattended so hoping the CMAX will bring me more Luck !<div style="text-align: center;">
<div style="text-align: center;">The CMAX certainly fulfills all of our needs space to throw a couple of small dogs in the back, it will also tow a small caravan for weekends away.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-10-2011, 02:48 PM

Hi Wizard,
Nice to see a post from a fellow caravaner, we only had the tow bar fitted recently and will be trying it out next week.
Just in case we ever get over to Hertfordshire, could you tell us exactly where you parked the two cars that were written off? [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]
Rolo.

2009(10reg)1.8TDCi115Titanium
post #3 of 9 Old 02-17-2011, 01:55 AM
IJG

I also intend to tow with a 1.8 TDCi but am not brave enough to venture out in February. I'd be interested in how you feel the C Max performs. My previous car was a 1.5 (105hp) scenic which towed the van well, but felt a bit light at 60MPH. Looking at the charts on line I'm expecting better performance with the C Max and may even venture further afield this summer

2009 1.8 TDCI
Titanium.Sport Pack 18\" wheels

post #4 of 9 Old 02-17-2011, 03:59 AM

We tried out our C-max and caravan this week. Having towed with a 2.2td Nissan Tino for the past 10 years and been very satisfied with its performance, we were a bit concerned as to how the 1.8 would cope. We need not have worried, the car towed beautifully, with the cruise control holding the speed steady at an indicated 59mph it didn't vary. Much smoother than I could control it myself. We towed in top gear (5th) except for the very long drag up from Gordano on the M5 to the M4 interchange and another long stretch on the M4. We chose the M4/M5 to spend the week at Weston-Super-Mare because it is a journey we are used to thus it gave a true impression of the towing abilities. I have not had a chance to work out the actual fuel consumption but was surprised to see that, setting off for home with an indicated 224 miles of fuel remaining and covering 63 miles, the fuel remaining was given as 158 miles. In our Tino we used almost twice as much towing as solo, so we were expecting a reading of around 110 or 120 miles remaining, at best.
Don't worry about it being February, IJG, the weather was better than we have had on some days in the summer. We just make sure that the site has hard standings.
Happy towing and caravanning, we are looking forward to our next outing. [img]smileys/smiley9.gif[/img]

post #5 of 9 Old 02-17-2011, 04:36 AM

Hi, Welcome to the Club, from a fellow caravanner.

2010 Titanium 2.0 TDCI Panther Black.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-17-2011, 05:11 AM

And also another fellow caravanner.........

1.8 Tdci Style & Avondale Golden mayfair 556/6

Chris
2006 1.8tdci style
post #7 of 9 Old 02-17-2011, 12:47 PM

Welcome Wizard, it looks like there are a lot of Caravan towers in the club I bought my 2.0 Tdci with that in mind and it did the job with no problems last year.

Maybe it would be interesting to see what other members are towing my Elddis Hurricane GTX is MTPLM 1300kG

MIRO = mass in running order, as in the weight of the caravan with no additions e.g. gas bottles

MTPLM = maximum technical permissible laden mass (pre 1998 it was known
as MGW maximum gross weight), as in the maximum the van can weigh with
all your items inside it.

MTPLM minus MIRO = user payload, as in the maximum weight you can put inside the van when on-tow

All of the above weights should be listed on a plate quite often
situated close to the door of the caravan but it is sometime on the
a-frame

Ed

54 2.0 TDCI Ghia non DPF Tonic Blue

post #8 of 9 Old 02-17-2011, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

<div style="text-align: left;"><div style="text-align: left;">I have just had a tow bar fitted but probably won't get chance to tow the van until April as I am off to Shanghai in a couple of weeks time<div style="text-align: left;">I have a small 2 berth Compass Rallye I think the MTPLW is 1200kg so hopefully the CMAX should pull it without much trouble

post #9 of 9 Old 02-18-2011, 04:13 PM

Sounds good, hope you enjoy your trip.
Ours is a two berth Bailey, just under 1100kg. No trouble at all with our diesel, not sure how a petrol will cope but with a 2ltr. it should not be a problem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page