New Focus C-Max Owner - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 06-17-2009, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Hello there, I've just traded my 2000 (w) Astra SXi in for a Ford Focus C-Max 1.8 TDCi Ghia.

It's on an 06 plate and is in the light metallic blue colour. I was looking for a minimum of a Zetec spec and a 1.6 TDCi engine, so you can imagine my excitment when my local dealer got this Ghia spec in with a 1.8 TDCi.

Spec includes; 4x leccy windows, cruise ctrl, CAT1 alarm/immob, aircon, EPB , fogs, alloys, kid mirror, heated front screen, leccy mirrors etc

I pick it up this friday (19th June) and I'm looking forward to it. We don't have any kids so why did I buy a car like this? Well, me and the missus will be attending craft fairs next year so we needed some load space. I was gonna go for the Focus Estate but I think she prefered the feel of the C-Max. It seems a bit roomier inside for the passengers and the driver too. Only thing I'll change is the std radio/cd for the SONY one.

Here are some pictures...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 06-17-2009, 05:05 PM

Hi there,welcome to the site.From the pics you have a very tidy car there.As to the epb,it does take a little getting used to & can cause probs.Did you get a warrenty with it? If so make sure it`s for 12 months,thatway you`ll have peace of mind.I have a 2.0 TDCI on a 53 plate,it`s a Zetec & I fitted a Tunit digital tuner & aK&N air filter.I also changed the reat wiper to one from a Citroen C2 (looks much better than standard),also chrome exhaust end pipe &sill plates for all 4 doors.I have had mine 22 months now & love it (if I can get the keys off the wife).
Happy C-Maxing and loof forward to hearing your thoughts after a couple of weeks.
MM

post #3 of 21 Old 06-17-2009, 06:08 PM

hello and welcome Lee J, your car is the same spec as my 54 plate, had it nearly 12months, very pleased. keep in touch and let us know how you get on. Loads of info on this site if required.
Regards Tony Forgot to say mine is the 2.0 TDCIEdited by: tonyweb

Tonyweb

post #4 of 21 Old 06-17-2009, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys, looking forward to getting it. Took it out for a test drive and was impressed at the speed it picks up when I changed gear. accelerating out of 2nd and third kinda put a smile on my face
post #5 of 21 Old 06-17-2009, 09:36 PM

That smile will NOT go away & get bigger each day .
Cheers
MM

post #6 of 21 Old 06-18-2009, 04:12 AM

Hi & Welcome.
Yep, looks very nice and for space, it will eat loads and then some!
post #7 of 21 Old 06-21-2009, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

Well I picked up the C-max on friday, first impressions are 'what a wonderful car' . It's a pleasure to drive and it feels like a far more expensive car inside. I got the ghia spec and the overall drive and power of the 1.8tdci is wonderful.

however...

Windscreen wipers dont work - Push the stalk up to any position and nothing happens. Press the washer button and they wipe 3 times.

Left indicator - push the stalk down fully to indicate left and nothing happens. Right is ok but left is buggered. Although sometimes it will work (had it work 5 or 6 times in total)

Cruise control - push the ON button when going 50mph and nothing. No light on dash nothing at all. Pushed all the buttons and sod all happens.

Air con - the warmest air con in the world. It just was not cold at all.

So, any ideas? a relay? a fuse?

sod it - dealer is getting it back to fix.
post #8 of 21 Old 06-21-2009, 10:16 AM

In order:
Wipers: Same problem, gets in a muddle if left in auto rain mode, one up on the stick if you have auto rain sensor onit.

Indicator: Back to the dealer.

Cruise:I normally press in sequence: OFF, ON, RES, + which is just habit to ensure I have set it right. If that fails, back to the dealer.

Air con: Ensure that the fan is on,the air con button is illuminated and of course the temp dial is as far into the blue as poss. If that does not work, then back to the dealer.

Sorry if some of those is obvious to you but it's best to cover all bases.
post #9 of 21 Old 06-21-2009, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

well i figured i'd just let the dealer sort it as i've only had the car 2 days.

how can a dealer let it go out with those type of problems? Today I have a 70-80 mile trip to make and i'm praying it isn't bright and sunny cos the air con doesnt work and i hope it doesnt rain cos the wipers are knackered... oh and i hope i dont need to turn left.
post #10 of 21 Old 06-21-2009, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Add to that list...

Heated front screen does nothing when pushed in
heated Rear screen does nothing when pushed in
Main Beam does nothing
Flash does nothing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page