New to C-Maxing! - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-16-2009, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Hi,
Another Newbie here. I don't have a C-Max yet, but I hired one in the summer and was so impressed that I want toditch my V***hall and get a C-Max as soon as possible. Is now a good time? It needs to be automatic. Also, what's the difference between a C-Max and a Focus C-Max? Any other suggestions? Many thanks, Bish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-17-2009, 02:48 AM

Hi Bish.
No difference Focus CMax and CMax just the name.
As for buying when is not a good time
post #3 of 5 Old 09-17-2009, 02:59 AM

Hello Bish,nice to have you with us.
As lawe says there is no real difference apart fro the Focus C-Max being the original model & the C-Max having a slight face lift & different front fog lights + one or two other slight mods.Apart from that the engines & spec levels are the same.
MM

post #4 of 5 Old 09-17-2009, 01:12 PM

Welcome to the Forum Mate
post #5 of 5 Old 09-18-2009, 02:48 AM

I would be careful about getting the 2.0 Auto. I have one and it is very thirsty by today's standards. I've had a bearable 39-40mpg on a motorway trip but my wife can't even get 24mpg on short trips around town. I didn't have a lot of choice in the end as she wanted the high driving positionand big boot and I couldn't afford the diesel auto. We had horrible experiences with other dealers (Toyota had no stock to sell us; Nissan would not negotiate; Renault preferred to wine and dine existing customers than give me a test drive; What Car frightened me off the Zafira because of reliability problems etc etc) Although it is nine years youngermy C-Max does the same mpg as my old Toyota Avensis 1.8 auto, which is really not good enough.

I have three other gripes about the C-Max:

1. Serious reflection problems from the top of the dashboard - sometimes you can't see in bright sunlight. Major design fault that would have been a dealbreaker if I had noticed it on test drive.
2. Uncomfortable drivers seat after a few miles - the problem is the lack of thigh support and the distance to the side/door which means it doesn't support your right leg. This is probably personal to me, but I don't like it
3. Specific to the Zetec model (the only one I could get in less than 3 months) the bl***dy black glass on the back! Makes me terrified to pick up my daughter from the local station at night as I can't see to reverse in poor streetlight.

My advice is be sure you've tried all other possibilities first.

2.0 Auto Zetec (2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page