New c-max owner - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-21-2009, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Hi all
Just joined the forum. Loads of useful info. Thanks to all contributers.
Just bought a 1.6tdci zetec 04 with 57K miles. So far covered about 300 miles. A few problems. Going back to dealer tomorrow.
Fuel consumption was only high 30s to begin with. Checked the air filter. It was pretty dirty and had a black circle where it feeds in.Turned it around temporarily as I have ordered a K&N replacement. Reset the mileage screen on the computer. Just averaged 51 going to Newcastle and back. Result!!
Also had the red light and system error message. I noticed a lot of oily deposits around the turbo when I bought it, so I cleaned all around this area, including the intercooler pipe. Just got back from our trip today and checked the engine bay again. There is a visible crack on the intercooler pipe next to the mounting bracket which is leaking thesooty deposits, hence the warning light. I will be ringing the selling garage tomorrow to ask for a repair. Does anyone know if the pipe can be welded or does it need a new one?
Thanks in advance.
All in all I love the car. It is so comfortable and roomy. Will let you know how I get on
Cheers
Ian.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-23-2009, 04:35 AM

Hi Ian and welcome.

Unsure of the pipe, but seeing as you have just bought it, get them to replace it. Peace of mind.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-24-2009, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Update

Just had intercooler pipe replaced by dealer. Excellent service. Very helpful. The new pipe is a smaller diameter (I think they were modified in 2005) and came with new hoses each end. Garage fitted it while I waited,
Replaced the filetr with K&N. Pulls very well now. No undue smoke. Just averaged 62 MPG coming home, mainly dual carriageway.
Vey happy with the C-Max now. Just need some mudflaps and sill protectors together with an air con re gas and I am sorted.
Cheers
Ian.

post #4 of 4 Old 07-14-2009, 02:28 AM Thread Starter

Update
Had the air con regassed at quikfit for 45. Big difference. Sorted small patch of rust on lower front wings where mudflaps would mount, and at front of sill both sides. Fitted mudflaps and changed oil/filter. Averaging 63mpg on mainly dual carriageway 55 - 65 mph. Only negative comment is how awkward it is to refit the top of the oil filter housing when renewing the element. Is there a knack? Otherwise over the moon with the car. Will need 2 new front tyres next month. Pirelli P6000 on the back. Anyone got any experience on tyre wear if I bought a matching pair for the front?
Thnaks to everyone who has written in. I have picked uploads of useful info. Just thought I would share some positives for any prospective new owners
Cheers
Ian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page