New C Max on Mobilty - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 06-19-2008, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Hi all
I placed anorder for a new C max in March this year for the Style C max 1.8TDI on mobility then Changed my mind in April and changed it to the 1.8 TDI zetec
I had a delivery date 13.6.08 so I called to check if everything was ok but they told me they had not had delivery of the car which should have been the 7-6-08, and they looked into it.

I was told it beenheld at ford dagenham because they do check on a certain amount of cars and will hold it until they check it over, this is what the dealer has told me
and waiting for admin to get back to say when the car will arrive at the dealer.

I phoned the dealer again today, and it still at dagenham, I asked why it was so long and he said it could have a fault and they will sort it there, before delivery or they would have to pay the dealer to do the work and also they would not let the car go if there was a risk it was not safe,whichI would not want that either,
he was going to chase it up and phone me back at 5pm I never got the call
do you usally have to wait this long or get this trouble
Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-19-2008, 07:03 PM

While there may be delays, it does seem that they could at least be more helpful.

Found some numbers that you wish to contact from this link: http://www.ford.co.uk/ie/gen_contact/-/contact/-/-/-/-

For any customer assistance on your existing product or service provided by Ford Motor Company, please contact The Customer Relationship Centre on:

Telephone: 0845 841 1111

For more information on Motability services and products available from Ford, please contact Ford Mobility on 0845 60 400 19

Good luck!
post #3 of 15 Old 06-19-2008, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Thankyou for the Advice I will give them a ring and see if they can help at all
it does say on the Mobilty site that due to some car's being more popular the dealer cannot guarentee the delivery date.

I want to try and get delivery before theend of this month as my current car I own the insurance and tax runs out then, and as I will gettingthe C maxon Mobitly, I wont have the worry of paying for these, but if they go over the end of June I will have to pay on the current car I own.

post #4 of 15 Old 06-19-2008, 07:23 PM

Perhaps see ask them, in a nice way of cours,that if the new car does not show up at the end of the month, would they give you a hire car until you get yours delivered.
You never know!
post #5 of 15 Old 06-30-2008, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

just a update
Contacted ford mobilty who told me to get the dealer to phone logistics and find out when the car will arrive, if he dont phone back with details ask to speak to his boss
he did get back and said I will have it Thursday 4th,even though its, has not arrrived at the dealer yet and said first it has to to come from degernam then to kiddermister (dealer logistics) then has to be PDI
as my insurance would have cost meŁ50.00 to renew and cancel they have now given me a KA to use but not great for my condition to get in and out and thats whyI want the high seating postion of th C max

keep you informed
Thanks for the help and info
post #6 of 15 Old 06-30-2008, 04:52 PM

Thursday is the 3rd and Friday is the 4th which may make delivery a little more difficult than you expected

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #7 of 15 Old 06-30-2008, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Sorry its ment to be the 3rd but I keep saying to the wife, it will proberly be the 4th friday
if I am lucky........
post #8 of 15 Old 07-03-2008, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Just a update
Got a call yesterday from the manager to say pick your new Cmax upThursday pm, it was being PDI and valetedas I was talking to them.

Again got a call at 1pm today from the salesmanto confirm pickup at 4pm

got there at 4pm very sorry there somthing wrong with the engine he took me thorugh to the car, engine in bits,somthing to do with the cam not getting enough oil and his words was it could seaze and blow up in flames,
bearing in mind, I ordered this car in march and it had been held back at dagenham for quality control a They have now given me the 07 old shape Cmax, to use untilthis is fixed under warrenty
they say about 2 weeks just feel like saying forget it and I will leave the car
wife home from work soon so will have a chat with her.
so weeed off, never thought getting a car would be this muchtrouble.
post #9 of 15 Old 07-03-2008, 04:16 PM

IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID MOTABILITY DEPOSIT YET I WOULD TELL DEALER TO KEEP IT
post #10 of 15 Old 07-03-2008, 04:44 PM

I think I agree

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page