new C Max - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 05-20-2011, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

The unhelpful dealer will not or cannot supply a dedicated handbook with it. The handbook with the car is a focus one, which he says is the same. well, it is not. Has any else had this problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-20-2011, 06:27 PM

Hi alfie2
you should have been supplied with the proper c-max handbook, the dealer is talking rubbish they are 2 different handbooks!
Which c-max have you got?

2010 midnight sky blue 1.6 tdci titanium
post #3 of 11 Old 05-21-2011, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Hi Thanks for your reply. It ia New C-Max 1.6TD115 Zetec. The book in the car has Focus written on it. He said that will be ok. But of course it isnt. In fact the salesman and his manager were quite rude and off-hand. They could'nt be bothered if they sold the car or not. I won't disclose the dealer, but is a national group of dealers for several makes of car. I am not sure what to do, as I don't want a confrontation. Alfie.

NEW C Max 1600 Diesel

post #4 of 11 Old 05-21-2011, 02:49 PM

Suggest that you contact Fords customer services direct. When you come to sell the car it's going to look a bit iffy with the wrong book. Dont mess about with the crap dealers. I had a service done by one of the national networks who are infact owned by Ford and they replaced the brake pads without my permission. They insisted on a discounted payment in order to release the car. I then wrote to their Managing director stating that if I did not receive a full refund I would be contacting a number of people including Fords and the media (Watch Dog in particular) you cannot imagine how quickly the full refund cheque came flying through the post. Negative publicity is the last thing that they want. Needless to say I no longer use this dealership. I have found a small independant Ford approved garage that I use for the things that I cannot sort myself. GIVE THEM ****!! Edited by: dodger

2006 1.8 Petrol Ghia Silver
post #5 of 11 Old 05-21-2011, 03:12 PM

You can find the correct manual by following this link

http://fordfcsd.wunderman.be/UK/Vehi...Manuals/C-MAX/

This pdf file is the same as the printed manual I received with my 2011 C Max.
you could give the link to the dealer and ask him to print it for you (296 pages)

C-Max 1.6TDCI Titanium with Titanium X pack, Sony Navigation System, Titanium Family pack, Convenience pack and Mini spare wheel in Dark Micastone
post #6 of 11 Old 05-21-2011, 07:48 PM

My dealer offered to get me a manual in English as he had the German one supplied. i settled for the French. As it was so straight-forward for him I believe that as the manual is not the correct one they have technically supplied a vehicle that is incomplete. I agree that you should contact Ford directly and tell them the situation. It's not you causing conflict. if the sales team did their job properly then nothing would have to be done. You are helping Ford improve their customer service.

Grand C-Max 2.0TDCI Titanium Colorado Red
Tinted windows - bi-xenon/washers - 17\" Wheels
Winter pack
Sony Gps SD Hands free - reversing camera - parking sensors - key free
post #7 of 11 Old 05-21-2011, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

thanks Dodger, I have just called the stupid dealer, and when I told him that the Focus book was usless, he said "well, I do not no how that got in there" well he should have done, he gave me the car, and handed me the book. He has now promised to order the book on monday. I will give a week and phone him again. These people treat us like pratts, they dont deserve the commision they make from us. Anyway thanks again for your help. Oh bye the way, he called me by my first name and suggested I have a nice afternoon. My suggestion to him was kept silent.

NEW C Max 1600 Diesel
post #8 of 11 Old 05-21-2011, 08:57 PM

Hi again alfie2

the only reason he is being nice to you is because he wants you to fill in the form ford send to you on a new car, as this pays the dealership money also the salesman, i didnt bother as after they sold me the car they didnt want to no!
Hope you get the correct book soon.

2010 midnight sky blue 1.6 tdci titanium
post #9 of 11 Old 05-22-2011, 12:29 AM

rdhjp nice one m8 , gives me a heads up before i get the new car[img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]

C max 2ltr Titanium Moondustsilver Delivered 21/11/2011 Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh my what a wonderful day!
post #10 of 11 Old 05-22-2011, 05:07 PM

Hi theGUNNster,

Your dealer should be able to give you the VIN of your new C-Max a month before delivery. If you input the VIN (or Registrstion number) into the following link you will get a comprehensive description of your new car so that you can check the spec.

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=CA4EE03318AC785D4 3151B806767E7E9.dulv0676

C-Max 1.6TDCI Titanium with Titanium X pack, Sony Navigation System, Titanium Family pack, Convenience pack and Mini spare wheel in Dark Micastone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page