new c max 2.0tdci owner - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 Old 05-15-2012, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

new c max 2.0tdci owner

hi guys just bought a 2005 c max ghia 2.0tdci had bour galaxy stolen so this is the replacement as didnt need 7 seats anymore just the big boot for our big dog, really loving the car how fast are these things god i was suprised love driving it more than my golf gti turbo and so good on fuel aswell, a few questions to ask you guys waiting for my haynes manual to come through.

1) what oil do you guys use in your cars
2)dreaded engine light came on yesterday ive read its a common thought with these and can be a dirty egr valve, maf sensor, or glow plugs could need changing any other things i can try.
3) any of you guys running a car alarm on your cars as im paranoid about losing this one now, just wondering if an alarm would interfere with anything on the car ie immboliser and central locking and stuff.
4)my tailgate does not open with the car i have to press boot release, says on here its a boot sensor is this part in the tailgate and is a new one expensive.

thanks guys probably be hearing a lot from me on here asking lots of questions. steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 05-15-2012, 12:01 PM

Hi big stevie, welcome to the club, sorry some scum bag nicked your galaxy, I run my c-max on 5/30 fully synthetic, as for your alarm the one fitted to your car is thatcham category1 approved so there is no need to fit an aftermarket one, your car will also have deadlocking, so when locking your car just press the key fob twice and this will activate the deadlocking, the only added extra security i use is a disc lock which when seen by your local car criminals they should leave it alone!!! i'm sure others members will post on your questions.

56reg Focus c-max 2.0 tdci ghia

Tango metallic sony 6 disc player front & rear parking sensors,privacy glass,climate control
post #3 of 40 Old 05-15-2012, 02:31 PM

Hi steve, I have the same model as you and year. In my Ghia it came with the factory alarm,I thought this would be standard for all these models? My Uncle whom I bought it from didnt realise it had an alarm till I told him Ha Ha.

post #4 of 40 Old 05-15-2012, 03:07 PM

Few more answers to your post. I use fully synthetic mobil 1 oil.
In answer to glow plugs, this car had all the glow plugs changed 3 years ago at a cost of 1800.Fortunately didnt own it then phew!
As I previously put this car comes with alarm factory fitted. Open the bonnet with the doors locked and see if alarm goes off or sit in car and double lock it then after a moment start moving around lol.
In answer to the tailgate, this has been covered on this site a few times. Heres one I looked at.....http://www.cmaxownersclub.co.uk/foru...-problem-6541/
Just put a search in and something should come up.
By the way, I noticed the power also in the 2 litre diesel. My wife finds it addictive....groan.
post #5 of 40 Old 05-15-2012, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the replys guys i wont bother with the alarm then and that will pay to have my windows tinted then, will do what you said regarding testing the alarm and have priced up glow plugs with euro car parts and are 17 each will praps price a set up with frauds and see what genuine ones come out at, thats good with the oil my golf uses 5w 30 so thats handy to know and as for the power of the car my wife also loves it she is a bit of a speed freak, my engine managment light went out when wife picked kids up but when she left the school it came back on grrrrrrrr i hate warning lights my galaxy had abs sensor light that annoyed the **** out of me, just one more thing i bought car with one key and would like another remote key anyone know of any cheap places to get a key as i know frauds charge a fortune, i bought a key from ebay on the galaxy and reprogrammed myself can this be done on the c max or is it a locksmith job to cut and reprogramme or even worse fords a*se raping me for around 150.

cheers guys

focus c max 2005 ghia tdci black, tinted windows, chrome number plate surrounds, k&n panel filter, chrome coat hangers from a galaxy,monroe gas shocks, new exhaust, more to follow.
post #6 of 40 Old 05-15-2012, 05:47 PM

Funnily enough my car only had one key and i will be going to a auto locksmith I went to years ago. Should not come to more than 75 I would hope.
As far as the engine management light most garages have their own error reading kits these days and some don't even charge for the privilege.Could be something very simple.
post #7 of 40 Old 05-15-2012, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottletree View Post
Funnily enough my car only had one key and i will be going to a auto locksmith I went to years ago. Should not come to more than 75 I would hope.
As far as the engine management light most garages have their own error reading kits these days and some don't even charge for the privilege.Could be something very simple.

ive just emailed a company somebody suggested on here ref the key and read other posts of people buying ebay keys and getting them cut and programmed to open doors but wont start the car, more looking into i think if not will try and find a local locksmith who can do it, i have two code readers one for my golf gti and another one which is older ive tried my vag one and comes up linking error when it stops raining i will try my older reader as its in the shed and see if that works thay are both obd2 which i think is what c max uses 16 pin connector, but at the moment its on its off so could be even a loose plug somewhere one thing i do know engine had been steam cleaned and im wondering if something is wet or blown loose with steam clean, when ever this bloody rain stops i will get out there and have a look at some bits.

focus c max 2005 ghia tdci black, tinted windows, chrome number plate surrounds, k&n panel filter, chrome coat hangers from a galaxy,monroe gas shocks, new exhaust, more to follow.
post #8 of 40 Old 05-16-2012, 01:42 PM

Oh the dreaded steam clean eh. God they should outlaw that these days. There are so many electronic devices, relays ,switches in the engine bay that steam cleaning can cause insurmountable problems. I remember leaving the oil cap off my old citroen picasso, engine oil was everywhere. The mechanic told me to leave it well alone and let the engine heat burn most of it away. Another mechanic said it would keep the engine rust free for years and he was bang right. A dirty engine is an honest engine in my book.
post #9 of 40 Old 05-16-2012, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

ordered all my service parts today so hopefully can get rid of this temprimental engine light grrrrrrrrrrrrr

service parts
1) 5w 30 magnatec oil says its specific for what fords require wss-m2c913-b
2) 4 x bosch glow plugs
3) wynns egr valve cleaner
4) engine oil flush
5) k&n panel air filter (told there very good)
6) magnetic sump plug
7) fuel filter
8) oil filter

and a haynes manual to find out where everything is 14 from ebay better than paying halfrauds 20

found a guy who can do new key all programmed and working for 140 but can get a cut key from ebay using key number which i have in service book for 40 hopefully can program it to my car and have autolocksmith do the immobliser side of things, found 4 local places i will ring tomorrow.

devolped nasty metalic noise in car from underneath turns out to be rear exhaust shield fixings have rotted away from what i can see, have to put it on ramps and see what i can do, it cant fall off as exhaust holds it in place oh aint cars fun just love having new one to sort.

post #10 of 40 Old 05-16-2012, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

a few pics of my beast before i start to mod it, got to get it running right before i start the mods as engine light is peeing me off comming on and off.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page