New 06 owner - Should I be concerned? - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-05-2011, 02:41 AM Thread Starter

Just got myself a 2006 C-Max 2.0tdci Ghia yesterday but looking around for some bits and bobs on the internet today I stumbled across a few things and now I'm concerned! Im worried I've got myself a completely unreliable heap that's just waiting to sting me for thousands[img]smileys/smiley18.gif[/img]

Here's it history.

It's got 112,000 on the clock (ex company car)
Full ford service history
All recalls done

I have to say the condition is really excellent, there are no rattles/squeaks/bangs or anything untowards except air-con not working (regas?), it reall does drive like a brand new car! However I read an awful lot about people constantly in and out of dealers with mounting faults. I'm kind of resting my hopes on two things; with 112k on the clock and being ex fleet any 'teething issues' will have been adressed and that being one of the last MKI's will have had some niggles ironed out pre-production.

Am I worrying unecessarily? I really hate having a car I feel I have to be constantly paranoid about costly repairs with.

Thanks in advance

Edited by: General Banter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-05-2011, 04:03 AM

Eh Up - Funny you should say what i am thinking too ....

I picked up our Mark II C Max Monday, its now Wednesday - and despite finding out the Air Con doesnt work, i have also found shed loads of stuff thats very negative about this car......
But is that the same with any car we search fori wonder? They say people often complain but never praise....but thats a lot of complaints eh !!

Lets hope we "both" have some decent luck?!!!!
post #3 of 5 Old 05-05-2011, 04:28 AM

Hey,
I have had my 2006 2.0 tdci for 2 months now and I'll be honest I love it both to drive and it's looks but I had teething issues including the air con, was told it just needed re gassing but after a week not working again back it went and was leak checked using a dye turned out it was the condenser, as I took out a warranty didn't have to pay the 320, also had a mould like smell come out of vents after turning off air con and needed the air con cleaner bomb, just make sure the egr valve was done and the cam belt to, be aware that road noise and wind noise can be prob but mine is fine, but I'm sure u will be fine I'm all good now after few niggles, also I believe they like to go through tires lol

2006 2.0 TDCI Zetec, Panther Black

post #4 of 5 Old 05-05-2011, 05:13 AM

Hi There, I like the drive too, pretty impressed with it (other than the niggle of the air con). Unfortunately i cannot take it to the garage as i bought it Private. I read with interest have you purchased a car warranty that covered the air con ?
post #5 of 5 Old 05-08-2011, 03:49 PM

I've just bought an 04 plate C-MAX, and my aircon isn't working either! Sounds like a common problem?

Gota localspeciallist out tore-gas it, but he discovered there's a leak. I'm not certain, but it looks like one ofthe metal pipes just behind the re-fill valve is fractured...

2004 (04 plate) Focus C-MAX LX 1.8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page