Nearly newbie! - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 08-19-2010, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

I am due to pick up my CMAX 1.8LX (56) - 33K tomorrow. Any issues I should be looking out for? I had quick test yesterday - I noticed a slight (can only describe it as a misfire) when only slightly pressing the accelerator.....this may be nothing to worry about, however thought would ask opinion. It is fine at idle and fine whilst driving - hardly noticeable really.
Car has just been MOT'd and serviced and managed to blag years warranty so sounds like a gd deal (5,500 incl 12 monts tax).
Any advice most welcome - TIA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-19-2010, 08:57 PM

Has the engine been steam cleaned?
I have test driven a couple of second hand cars in the past whicch have misfired because of very recent steam cleaning.

57 Titanium 1.6 110 DPF, X Sport pack, panoramic roof,Sony 6 CD changer with voice control bluetooth.
post #3 of 13 Old 08-19-2010, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Possibly.....they were due to steam clean engine after service.....mmmmm....I am thinking that with yrs warranty I should hopefully have any problems ironed out before going naked!

post #4 of 13 Old 08-19-2010, 09:58 PM

Hi matey ,
Edited by: seang1970

07 1.8L PETROL TITANIUM 125 ps stg4 X sport pack PANTHER BLACK Sony 6 cd changer etc etc 32.8mpg
post #5 of 13 Old 08-20-2010, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Went to pick it up- had alternator belt changed and fully serviced......still making a noise and misfiring on slight acceleration......could this be the coil pack or possibly alternator itself.......of course I haven't parted with cash until this is resolved....should I walk away?
post #6 of 13 Old 08-20-2010, 06:25 PM

Well - this is a low mileage car which is being sold , the 64,000 dollar question is ' Why is the car for sale?'.
If the problem was easily cured then why hasn't the seller rectified it already.
Don't take on someone elses problems.
REMEMBER - there arethousandsof good cars out there. If in doubt WALK AWAY.

57 Titanium 1.6 110 DPF, X Sport pack, panoramic roof,Sony 6 CD changer with voice control bluetooth.
post #7 of 13 Old 08-20-2010, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Car genuine part exchange for new car......although they bought a peugeot so not happy enough to remain with ford. Waiting for garage to fix problem....will give them one last chance and if not satisfied then will walk away...shame cause was looking forward to my CMAX!
post #8 of 13 Old 08-20-2010, 09:16 PM

I reallyhope you don't live to regret this decision.
The CMAX is a very complex beast and the one you are buying is the last of the old shape which you will see from this forum has had its share of dificult to trace (and expensive) electronic issues many which seem to be only curable by throwing expensive components at it via aFord dealer.
Third party warranties are often not too clever - the devil is in the detail.
What sort of noise is it making?
Alarm bells are ringing ..................

post #9 of 13 Old 08-20-2010, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

It sounds like bearings from alternator - about to find out!
post #10 of 13 Old 08-20-2010, 10:08 PM

The fact the garage hasn`t cured it yet would be more than enough reason for me to walk away mate . Next to a morgage this is most likely the second biggest financial commitment and i wouldn`t risk it mate . Not for gold bars .. DO WOT YOUR MIND SAYS AND WALK . All that glitters at first ain`t always gold pal

07 1.8L PETROL TITANIUM 125 ps stg4 X sport pack PANTHER BLACK Sony 6 cd changer etc etc 32.8mpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page