Nearly a Cmax owner but not without problems!! - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 03-22-2012, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Nearly a Cmax owner but not without problems!!

Hello all. I was nearly a new Cmax owner as of yesterday however fraught with problems. When I ordered it in November 2011 i chose the City Pack and Family Pack. However due to delays with dealer wasn't ordered until Dec 2011. Got a call yesterday to say they were ready to deliver but with Family Pack only. I must add that this is a lease car but really annoyed that they chose to ignore the City Pack function as it was deleted at end of Nov (apparently) and didn't have the common sense to let me know!! They have now come back and offered to dealer fit the sensors but obviously don't get the power fold mirrors as originally. Not sure what to do as whether I should accept their offer but pay less per month or hold out and ask if they have a Grand Cmax with the family pack and what is now the convenience pack? Advice please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-22-2012, 12:46 PM

As a starting point it is not as you ordered (and especially when they didn't advise or seek agreement for the change) so I'd suggest at the worst case you could say that the deal was void as it stood originally. You could then offer to re-negotiate on what they want to offer spec wise

You then start to ask yourself why you asked for the various features to be included. Was it that it would be nice to have or that they would make driving easier. If it were the former then probably accept the dealer fit and a lower price. If not then, well......

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #3 of 3 Old 03-23-2012, 10:05 AM

My car was ordered on 24/10/11 at a time when the spec had just changed on the Ford website. The City Pack had gone and rear parking sensors were now listed on their own as an option for 225, 50 less than the City Pack for Titanium models. I was lucky enough to have been just in time to still get it.

Obviously you should have been informed but I'd have thought that at the very least the sensors would have been factory fitted.

2012 C-Max 1.6 TDCi Titanium in Frozen White with City Pack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page