mistake or not? - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-07-2009, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

Hi all, <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />
I've owned my C-max for just under a week now, It's a 57 plate 1.8 Zetec. It's taken some time to sort out the driving position, but i think I'm there now and I'm starting to like it.
Having read some of the reports on the site It look like a lot of people can't wait to get rid of. Have I made a mistake?

Light travels faster than sound.
That\'s why some people appear bright till you hear them speak.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-07-2009, 02:22 AM

hi justo and welcome

yes you are right about the problems with the cmax but you could go and buy any car now and thenvisit theforums only to findthat the car you just spent a lot of money on has its problems too. my boss at workhas just had his second audi a6 tdi in a month as the first one's turbo went bang with only 1100 miles. i must admithis car was a nice shade of blue but it just did not go well with the yellow aa mans van that had to pick it up those two colours just dont mix.
i think you will find a lot of cmax owners have had no problems with there car,the onlyreal problem is when you go back to mr ford and ask him or her to fix it for free

early mornings are us
post #3 of 7 Old 07-07-2009, 03:09 AM

I've always thought it's abit like going to a hospital and saying ooooo look alot of sick people here I don't really want to be a human as they get sick so easily.

Most people come to OC because there is a problem with their car. Or they'll sign up when they get a car and only post when it develops a problem. Very few (if any) people will post"Hi, My car is working fine! Cheers"

You want to remember aswell that the C-max is a relatively new car and had alot of "firsts" in it that have been copied onto other cars so it will have a slightly higher number of faults as it is a testbed of sorts.
Edited by: Gepard

08 1.8 Titanium C-Max *ST Styled* With Car PC Fitted
Previous:54 1.6TDCi LX Focus C-Max

post #4 of 7 Old 07-07-2009, 03:19 AM

Greetings Justo,I`ve had my 2.0 TDCI 53 plate for 23 months now and still love it.Ok so I had a new alternator & had just had the air con regassed & found out the engine fan has not worked since I`ve had it & I had a new EGR valve recently.Overall it`s a fantastic motor,roomy,comfy,quick & economic.My wife thinks it`s absolutely brilliant and is always fighting me for the keys.I`m even thinking of getting a second one so we have one each.I have had lots of nice cars over the years but this is as good an allrounder as any I`ve had.
Postie is spot on about the dealers,keep well away if you can & find a good local independant.
There `s always loads ofgreat peopleon the site so you would never be without sound advice & help.
Cheers
MM

post #5 of 7 Old 07-07-2009, 02:43 PM

Hi Justso and welcome to the forum.

as the others have said most people only write on forums with problems, so to put your mind at ease, abit,i have a 06 1.8 diesel style, 32,000 miles from new and fully serviced. i have had, at best73 mpg on a long run from west midlands to glasgow and at worst 45 mpg when the wife used it for lots of short runs when i was in Iraq in 2007. i have only had to replace the 2 front tyres at about 20,000 miles and after checking my brake pads last week, they have oodles of brake pad left. it had its first mot last week and past with flying colours. it gets washed once a week and there is no rust anywhere and has no creaks or rattles from the trim. the engine is still running smooth with no flat spots and i get average 660 miles from a tank of shell diesel. i only put shell or bp in it.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-07-2009, 11:27 PM

Send a message via MSN to hammer
hi

i have had my 07 1.8zetec for 4 months now the only problem i have had is with the engine pinking and suddenly drinking fuel but this was sorted under warranty at the main dealer with an ecu upgrade as a file was missing. petrol consumption shocked me at first after coming from a focus diesel but now its up to 29 around town with 44 on a run.swapped the tyre kit in the boot for a space saver wheel. servicing is not to bad as i have a good relationship with the parts guys in my local dealer who give me 25% off service parts. 2 year service was just an oil and air fiilter .all in all happy with the car plenty of space as we have 2 kids and no roof box needed.premature brake pad wear was an issue in the earlier c max but after 16000 miles mine still have plenty of wear left in them

forever in your debt
post #7 of 7 Old 07-08-2009, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

Hi,
Thanks for all your replies, I guess you're right people do like to look on the negative side of things, but if they have had problems i can see why they moan. I do like the car, I'm still playing with the controls, changed the steering to sports mode last night. That made a big difference, Ill put that back to standard in the morning. Is there anything i should look out for, the car has only done 7000 miles. I'm not anticipating any problems just yet, but who know.
Thanks ,
justso.

Light travels faster than sound.
That\'s why some people appear bright till you hear them speak.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page