Looking for info on a specific C-Max - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 03-05-2010, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Hi!

I'm buying my first car - been driving relatives' cars and hire cars for the past dozen years or so, getting about by public transport, but finally succumbed. Small but growing family, so after being pointed in the direction of the Focus, I discovered the C-Max. And now I've bought one!

Or at least, I've put a deposit down on one, and I'm planning to collect it in a couple of weeks.
But the one thing I'm struggling with is the specification - it's a used car, was the company car of a Ford showroom's service manager, but even the salesman doesn't seem to know the exact spec. The adverts say it's got the Titanium X pack, but the pictures look like the Titanium X Sport pack, and I'd really like to find out if I can - I'd have no idea how to tell whether it's got sports suspension, for example, even when I do see it. The pack lists front and rear parking sensors, but a friend who knows cars says he can't see them in the photos. They don't even mention the panoramic roof, clearly visible in the pictures. And if they got that wrong, who knows what other hidden extras it may contain.

I read somewhere here that some forum members can enter the registration number and/or the VIN (do you need both?) to find out where and when it was built, what options it included when it was built, and so on. Would it be cheeky for a first time poster to ask someone to do this for me?

Thanks!

C-Max 2.0 TDCi Titanium (58 reg) manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-05-2010, 03:01 PM

I have just been and visited fords site as it used to tell you the spec of every model.

I last visited a ford site a good few years ago and they seemed to have changed it now and I cant find the specifications page for the c max.

I am sure it is there but I just cant find it but if you have a look you may be able to.

I also fell of my chair when looking at the prices of the new c max my god ford have put there prices up a bit since I last looked.

2004 focus c max ghia 1.8 petrol
post #3 of 14 Old 03-05-2010, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

I've got the manual showing what the standard and optional features are, and the current contents of the feature packs. I don't know if anything may have been added as standard or changed in the feature packs since summer '08. I know this exceeds the basic Titanium spec, the question is by how much!

I was referring to those with access to some sort of database of Ford cars, to find out the specific details of this one if I PM them the reg and / or VIN. I don't have the VIN right now, but if I'll need it, I can ask.

post #4 of 14 Old 03-05-2010, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Sorry, I meant brochure, not manual.

post #5 of 14 Old 03-05-2010, 03:58 PM

post #6 of 14 Old 03-05-2010, 04:02 PM

As a ford dealer's spares computer uses the registration you may be able to see what details that throws up as well

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #7 of 14 Old 03-05-2010, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, Tony!
If I read that site correctly, it's €8 per hour or €15 per day, with a minimum charge of €50, or you can ring their technical hotline for €1.10 per minute? Online access is out of my league, but would the hotline be the best way to find this information out? Or am I missing a trick somewhere? Is a dealer likely to look up this information for me?

post #8 of 14 Old 03-05-2010, 04:32 PM

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

And thanks to Tony for the link.

Ford C-Max Zetec 1.6 TDCI - In Moondust Silver
post #9 of 14 Old 03-05-2010, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Never mind - I found that you don't need a login to get basic info. Thanks!

A couple of questions - it lists "With Handling Suspension" - is that Sports Suspension?
What does "With Ice Feature Pack 7" mean?
It mentions "High CDX6+AM/FM Radio W/Diversity" and "A.V Jack", oh and "Full Floor Console With Armrest" if that makes a difference - I think it's the Sony 6 CD changer, but will it include a USB port? Or any portable storage slot? I would like to just plug in a USB stick of music, but failing that I can buy an SD card or whatever fits. Does anyone know what music formats it accepts?Just MP3? WMA? FLAC? Ogg Vorbis?

Thanks for any help you can give!

post #10 of 14 Old 03-05-2010, 07:02 PM

If you were able to Input the VIN/Reg into ETis it`ll tell you vehicle attributes such as Pasenger Airbag wheel size etc...
Upto 2009.75MY ( not sure when from though ) Titanium X Pack consisted of: Parking sensors front and rear, Privacy glass, Sony 6 disc DAB radio, Leather seats in addition to the Titanium spec.
Titanium X Sport pack was the same as above but with 1/2 leather, 18" ST focus wheels and Eibach suspension.
The Radio only has a USB if fitted with Bluetooth, althoughit plays MP3 cd's etc, it does have the 1.5mm Headphone jack.
Maybe it's a stock photo?

2010 Titanium 2.0 TDCI Panther Black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page