Hopefully new owner to be - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 02-18-2011, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Hi all, just signed up as hopefully as soon as I can get my CRV sold I shall be buying a C-Max. Not sure if it will be a Ghia or Zetec yet but will definately be powered by Diesel, and I'm glad to see there's a few tuning and styling options available for them as well.

Will be used mainly for carting me to work but also for shipping the family around and (hopefully if it will fit) taking me and my trials bike around the country for comps. Will be posting more as soon as I get something bought!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-16-2011, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Well I've finally got hold of a C-Max, 53 plate 2.0TDCi with full service history and 77k on the clock.Very happy with it, bodywork is immaculate and the interior is very tidy so I'll just have to start messing with it now. Only got steel wheels and I'd like to sort electric windows in the rear (if they do them?) and the Ghias sunblinds but first thing to do is get it serviced and change the cambelt for peace of mind!I should be round the forum quite a bit now trying to pick some knowledge up!!
post #3 of 8 Old 05-16-2011, 11:01 PM

Which one did you get in the end? Not the ghia i'm guessing? The ghia had electric rear windows as standard so yes, they are available. The service manual says the cambelt doesn't need changing til 125k but personally i wouldn't be confident leaving it that long.

Mark

2004 Magnum Grey 2.0 TDCI Ghia

post #4 of 8 Old 05-17-2011, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I should have really said shouldn't I, I got a Zetec in the end. I saw it wasn't needed till 125 but I get a load of backpay next month from our pay deal at work which has finally been agreed and it's due a service anyway so I thought I may as well bite the bullet and I won't have to think about it at all for a good few years!
post #5 of 8 Old 05-17-2011, 01:34 AM

Sounds sensible to me. I wanted the ghia for the blinds (amongst other things), but to be honest our 4yr old keeps playing with it and i'm sure she's going to break it. Do you have the privacy glass? I don't, but i think it would have been a better idea than the blinds, cheaper to get them tinted than to retrofit the blinds too so i've read.

Mark

post #6 of 8 Old 05-17-2011, 01:56 AM

SenseiSpud, I've had my windows tinted and i have had both sides done 4 on each,the rear window, and a top tint in the front. (Limo in the back, and midnight on both sides). It looks fantastic and my son doesn't get blinded by the sun. I think the blinds are a pain because if they break you have to get them fixed or they look stupid if you don't.

Focus C-Max 2005 1.6 Zetec in Tonic Blue.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-17-2011, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

Might give the tint a try then though I still wanna retrofit some leccy windows in the rear at some point!
post #8 of 8 Old 05-17-2011, 03:54 AM

We also found out the other day that the blind doesn't like to stay up when the rear window is open and you're doing 60mph, lol.

Mark

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page