Hi there. Advice on buying - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-14-2010, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

Hi there. Nice to see an owners forum.
I am looking to buy a 2.0L TDCI Ghia built March 06. I need the room for a growing family and all there baggage!

I like the look of the above and read favorable reviews on Parkers, butin other places have read aboutlots of issues - some seem quite serious and expensive, such as ECG issues, loss of power, cutting out etc, I'm sure you all know the issues. Have these been sorted in the above version? Does the 06 version have any problems I should know about? Should I be looking at a different model\age?

Reliability is a major concern. I like the car, but I can't be without it for days\weeks on end as some owners have experienced.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-14-2010, 01:09 PM

Welcome to the C-Max Owners Club

Ford C-Max Zetec 1.6 TDCI - In Moondust Silver
post #3 of 3 Old 06-14-2010, 01:37 PM

Welcome to the forum.
Iam not really qualified to give an opinion on the' focus' cars asI have the later version.
I have been doing big business miles with my cars over the last few years giving me a total annual mileage of approx 25,000 pe annum. I have therefore concentrated on buying cars which areused but still under manufacturers warranty.
You clearly knowhow complex these cars are - especially the top endmodels which make theStarship Enterprise look like a modelT Ford.
If you can afford itconsider buying a New CMAX that still has some of the original 3 years warranty left on it even if it is a slightly lower spec.
It has been quite noticeable recently that a number of new members have joined because cars they have just purchased have some hidden horrors thatweren't apparent on test drive.
I think if you have a particularcar in mind for purchase thenit has got to be prudent to pay for an AA or RAC inspection as clearly these cars can spring some very nasty surprises.
BUT REMEMBER - There is always another car available. If your instinct tells you it isn't right - WALK AWAY.

57 Titanium 1.6 110 DPF, X Sport pack, panoramic roof,Sony 6 CD changer with voice control bluetooth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page