HI THERE - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 12-02-2010, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

I have a C max Ghia TDI automatic 2006 which I purchsed in July this year. It has done 12500 miles. It has been great up to today, I was on my way home from work where the car had been parked in the firms car park all day and all of a sudden it slowed down to a stop, it had no power underfoot, I was doing about 25mph. I put it into park, turned it off & started it again with no trouble but this happened two more times in approx a 4 mile journey. There were no problem lights, no loss of electrics, no warning lights except the frost warning on amber. Has anybody experienced this trouble and please could anybody give me any ideas. Thanks Cass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-02-2010, 12:52 PM

Hi Cass,welcome to the club[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img].Not sure about your problem though it could be the egr valve sticking,if it had been that,the engine warning light would have come on.Has it done it again since?MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #3 of 7 Old 12-02-2010, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

No, although I have kept it in the garage today because of the weather. I did look around the internet & one person that this has happened to put in some Redex diesel treatment & that did the job, so my husband & i did that tonight and topped up the antifreeze. I managed the drive it around for about 15 minutes and it did not happen again. A couple of mates in work said that their diesel cars have done exactly the same thing. My husband says it probably due the GLOOPY diesel. So heres hoping. Thanks for getting back to me. Cass

post #4 of 7 Old 12-03-2010, 04:06 AM

I`ve been putting Millers in with every tank fill & had no probs such as yours.Millers is the same sort of treatment liquid as Redex,but I`ve found I get slight mpg improvement with the Millers compared to Redex.MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #5 of 7 Old 12-04-2010, 01:55 AM

Back in the early nineties when I had the misfortune to drive a diesel police Fiesta we had to put an additive in the diesel in low temperatures. I assume that modern diesel must be 'winterised' as I have not had any problems in the 360 freezing miles I have driven this week.

57 Titanium 1.6 110 DPF, X Sport pack, panoramic roof,Sony 6 CD changer with voice control bluetooth.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-04-2010, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img] Thanks MM that's really helpful ill have a look for millers all seems ok at the moment. Cass
post #7 of 7 Old 12-09-2010, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Hi There, I have just taken the car in for it's MOT and a service to Dees of Wimbledon and on the health check theysay that the Aux Belt is worn new req. The car has done 13061 miles and is 4 years old, can this be right????? Cass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page