Hi from Newbie Dave S - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 03-26-2011, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

I recently took delivery of my 57 reg C-Max 2.0 Petrol Auto Zetec from my local Ford dealer.
Icalled in on them on Saturday 26th February 2011 just to have a look at any C-Max. I thenshowed them the details of the one I saw on their Web site, it turned out to be in Stoke, I'm in Crewe, the salesman went to Stoke and brought it backto Crewe so that I could testdrive it in the same afternoon. After the test drive I brought it straight away, collecting it the next day.

Ipart exchanged my 1999 2.3Galaxy Ghia Auto for it (the Galaxy was going to cost a lot of money to keep on the road for another year; I finally got fed up with the price of repairs). I enjoyed driving the Galaxy, with its height and interior space (very useful for collecting DIY items and furniture), but the C-Max is much better to drive, with its superior road holding and stability and very positive steering, it goes where I point it!

I averaged 24.03 MPG in the 4 years and 12,264 miles I had the Galaxy (I collect very good fuel consumption details of all the vehiclesI own). The low miles is due to me now having a bad back and notbeing unable to drive long distances any more. I used to drive Coaches, including Continental trips, and HGV class 1. So far I find the seat in the C-Max very comfortable; I have it on maximum height and adjust the steering wheel and lumbar support to suit.

I have not done many miles yet, I filled up the tank when I got it and have not run out yet, although the computer says I have 74 miles to empty so I will have to fill up the next time I go out, I will then have my first calculation on the MPG I might be getting in the future, if I get more than 35 MPG I will be happy.

I have been in other car and van clubs before but I find that the way the C-Max club site is set out and the amount of topics and advice on offer is much better, Thanks . I will participate more as I becomebetter acquainted with my C-Max.

Built date 5th December 2007 C-Max 2.0 Zetec Petrol Automatic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page