Hi Everyone , im thinking of buying a Cmax - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-08-2010, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

Hi Guys, My Wife mentioned the dreaded Scenic word to me yesterday , AAAAAArrrgghhhh, No way Hosay i thought so im doing some resaearch on a credible reliable alternative. Now the question is realistically what could we expect to get in MPG from the 2008 1.6 TDci . The figures claim 60 plus on a run , is this accurate or justsales hype. Cheers for your time . Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-08-2010, 03:38 AM

Hi Paul,welcome to the club.
As you can see at the bottom of this post I have a 2.0TDCI,so the figures I can give you are for that.There are plenty of 1.6TDCi owners who will gladly put you right.
Around town I get 42+ & on a combined average of 48mpg.On a run,doing 70mph,fully loaded with a/c on too I have had 60+ & even 70.
Travelling at 80mph on a run to Devon (170 miles) last year I got 62ish.
One of the 1.6 guys should be on sometine soon to put you right.
MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #3 of 4 Old 06-08-2010, 12:36 PM

Hello and welcome to the C-Max Owners Club.

I own a 1.6 TDCI 90BHP C-Max and I average normally 45-48MPG around town, longer journeys I average about 57-58MPG, but I have to admit my mileage has dropped recently quite a bit, but thats my figures for the last 6 months, the highest I ever seen was 64.4MPG on one trip alone when I first bought the car back in september so it is possible, but I have never seen that figure since.

Hope you find the right car mate.

Ford C-Max Zetec 1.6 TDCI - In Moondust Silver

post #4 of 4 Old 06-10-2010, 07:42 PM

Hi Paul,

I've just got my hands on a 2008 1.6 TDCI and I can confirm that more or less the combined MPG on the dealers website is true. Obviously that depends on a lot of factors (speed, distance, load, air con usage etc) but for the most part I find it to be about right and I am still amazed how many times in one trip I get 99.9 to the MPG.

So in short. Yes.

I heard the scenic word as well from the other half and we are both glad we didn't listen because the CMAX is a deceptive vehicle in that it doesn't look that big from the outside, but its like the Tardis inside...

I find that the build quality is very good and the drive is an easy one and there's the obious fuel benefit of the newer TDCI engine.

It may seem pricey, but I think that the CMAX holds it's value a bit more than some other makes.

Hope this helps mate.

Yozzer [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

2008 (08), 1.6 TDCI Zetec Avalon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page