Hi Everyone - Collecting C-Max Thursday! - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-17-2011, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Hi thereJust joined as we are collecting our (almost) new 2010 60 reg 1.6 TDCi Titanium next Thursday.It's a Ford Direct car which apparently means it was previously owned by Ford and used by an employee - although someone on here may know more about this scheme? Anyway it's only done about 2k and is veryhighspec.It has the Convenience Pack which includes the Active Park Assist - this was demonstrated to us and it is very impressive but I'm not sure whether either of us will have the nerve to use it. Just sitting there operating the pedals and not touching the steering wheel seems weird! It also has the X Pack - leather/heated seats, panorama roof etc.The wheels fitted were the optional extra 18" 7 spokes but we havepersuadedthe dealer to replace these with a set of 16" 10x2 spoke off a Grand C-Max. Why? Well one of the reasons we decided to trade in our 08 Focus1.6 TDCi Titanium was that I find the ride too stiff now that I have a bit of arthritis and, though the C-Max ride on the 18" wheels was a bit smoother, I'm sure it will be even better on the 16"s. This also reveals the fact that neither of us is getting any younger and we're quite happy to sacrifice a degree of handling/road-holdingfor a bit more comfort! But in practical terms it also lessens the risk of having to replace another wheel/tyre as a result of damage from all the potholes we have around here.AnywayI fear I have rattled on long enough for a first post!

Edited by: Lackoffocus

2010 60reg C-Max Titanium X 1.6TDCi Panther Black, Convenience Pack (Ours) + 2009 Mitsi L200 Warrior 4 cab (Mine)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-18-2011, 12:44 AM

Hi there hope you pick up your new car on a nice sunny day nothing nicer i have a c max 1.6 tdci ive had it for 3 weeks now and love it, i have just used the active park assist about an hour ago it is brilliant once you get used to it . Itis very hard not to grab hold of the steering wheel you must though or your on your own, all the best for thursday enjoy. johnboy.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-18-2011, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, johnboy. Forecast looks good for Thursday and the money[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]and the insurance arenow all sorted - costing us 19pa more than the Focus which seems fair enough given the difference in value.Well done on the active parking [img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]- I must remember the car has it next time I need to park on the street and not to touch the steering! Might see if we can try it on Thursday if I'm feeling brave.Any idea what sort of MPG you'regetting yet? Presumably it's not run-in yet?

2010 60reg C-Max Titanium X 1.6TDCi Panther Black, Convenience Pack (Ours) + 2009 Mitsi L200 Warrior 4 cab (Mine)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page