Hi from Dusty - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 03-27-2011, 02:04 AM Thread Starter

Hiya all,

Been looking around for a newer car for about a month now. The missus jumped into a c-max last weekend and fell in love (6mths pregnant). She is desperate to switch from her Corsa Exclusiv into something more baby friendly.

Been looking around last weekend and this, and just found a 1.8 tdci diesel 5 door avis lease car first reg'd in august 07, with 108k on it. Im thinking that since its been a fleet car it will have had all the bits and services done to comply with the warranty and to keep it on the road. This comes with FSH (very detailed, including bulbs, oils, dates and prices) and all the log book stamps done, looks clean as does the HPI check, so took it for a drive today.

Wobble from front when braking hard which I think is a warped disc. Otherwise the car in in tidy nick. Was up for over 6k, just reduced so I got it for 5k, Told the stealer I want a yrs tax and MOT thrown in and the wobble sorting ready for collection next Sat, and put 100 quid down on it. He wanted more but Im not in the habit of laying money down on things.

So we are due to pick this up next sat, as the new baby bus.

Been having a read on here to see if there are any major bit due based on the mileage, but seems ok for a few miles.

If anyone has any suggestions on what basic servicing may be worth doing myself?
I was planning on doing the oil / filter / radiator and maybe a intercooler flush. I guess as its over 100k miles its out of warranty now so I dont need to worry bout using Ford services to keep the warranty in place.

Is there any recalls that I should be checking for etc.

Never had a c-max before, so any feedback is welcome, even if that means Ive put a deposit down on a donkey :-s I would rather know now than in a weeks time when I part with another 5 grand.

Cheers
Dusty

2007 C-Max 1.8 tdci Zetec Diesel manual - 108,000 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-27-2011, 07:31 AM

Hi Dusty,welcome to the club[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img].One thing you should seriously think about is the cam belt.I know it`s an 07,but with the miles it has done it may be safer to get it sorted sooner rather than have it go whilst your missus is out in it.You`ll also save yourself a hefty bill too.
MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #3 of 3 Old 03-27-2011, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Thanks MM,

It will be going straight to a mate for a full service and a good once over. I will mention this to him
Does anyone know of any free maintenance manual that can be downloaded for the 2007 c-max?
I have had a look on the forum but the only one I can find is a 2011 version.

2007 C-Max 1.8 tdci Zetec Diesel manual - 108,000 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page