Hi all, down on power can you help? - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-24-2011, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

First of all hi to all and congrats on a web site full of great info regarding the C-Max, unfortunately I've only come across it whilst trudging the world wide web trying to find out which of the 100's of search results are a viable solution to the problem I have. Couldn't see a thread/topic which matched this problem so hope you don't mind me starting a new one.

I have a 2004 TDCi Zetec with just over a 100k on the clock, in the last couple of weeks on most occasions when out in the car I can't get the car to rev over 3000RPM, either whilst accelerating up through the gears or revving the car in neutral, sometimes this occurs from when the car is first started whether it is cold or not, on other occasions the car runs great as it has previous to the fault, the fault can also occur/clear in mid journey.My usual run to work is a 100 mile round trip mostly on main roads/dual carriageway but it's becoming unnerving when I can only reach 40MPH by the time i get the end of a slip road onto a busy dual carriageway!Max speed is about 70mph falling back to 55mph uphill or 80mph downhill.After reading up on similar typestories I'm a little loathed to drop it into a garage to spend a fortune diagnosing the problem or not as the case often seems to be, I have had it plugged into a friends laptop running diagnostic software which offered the following codes ;

P0113 - Temperature sensor circuit high voltage
P0380 Glow plug/heater circuit 'A' Malfunction
P1412 EGR Valve
P2682 Engine coolant bypass valve control circuit low

With the laptop connected I reset all the fault codes and only the P0380 came back in, the car would only rev to 3000RPM whilst I had the laptop connected,but Icouldn't see how this fault could cause the problem that I have, especially since it's been starting ok in the really cold weather. Whilst I've been searching the Web I have constantly come across problems with EGR valves, but if this was the case would the car return to running normally or the fault occur mid journey when the engine is running at temperature? Any help or similar experiences I would love to hear about to try to find the cause of this fault and would be very grateful.

On a positive note my key fob had died a couple of months ago, the software on my friends laptop told me how to re program it, was simple! if anyonewants to know how to do it and save a few quid!

Thanks

Ivor
p.s current 0-60 is27 seconds!

2004 C-Max
2.0TDCi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-25-2011, 01:22 AM

First of all,hi & welcome[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img].Your problem does sound very much like an egr valve.Mine had similar symptoms & got it replaced before it reached the stages yours is in.There are some fixes on the site but I rather think yours is beyond a simple fix & needs replacing.Go to 2 or 3 different fraud dealers & get quotes from each one then go for the one you think best.I got mine done at a dealer in the next town,cheaper than local thieves.I also tried an independant garage but while they could change the egr,they could not reprog it.
I`m sure all of us members would like to know how to save a few quid on key fobs so,yes please can you let us know how.
Hope you get sorted asapMM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec
post #3 of 3 Old 01-25-2011, 01:55 AM Thread Starter

Hi thanks for the help,it's useful to know that you had similar symptoms up until replacement, I'll get the quotes and go from there, unfortunately doing nothing isn't an option!As for they key fob, if the key fob batteries ok but the key fob has lost it's programming then put your key in the ignition and turn it from 0 to position 2, you need to do this 4 times in 6 seconds, once you've done this you can remove the key and you'll hear a beep, you now need to press each of the buttons on your keyfob once, when you've done this your key fob should work again once the programming mode has timed out, about 10 seconds I think. Certainly worked for me.
Keep up the good work, and I'll let you know how things go.
Cheers

2004 C-Max
2.0TDCi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page