Hey.... - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-01-2012, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Hey....

just joined up as i am thinking of swapping my vectra 1.9cdti for a 05 plate 1.6LX petrol. Had enough of my vectra, never had a car with so many problems, will probably never have another diesel again now haha.. So ive been to see an 05 plate 1.6 petrol c-max this afternoon, 2 former keepers, 79400 miles, mot till april 2013, only advisory om it was a nsf tyre close to legal limit. Its obviously a cheap trade in @ a main dealer. I had a drive and liked it tbh. Now as expected on a car thats 7 years old there was a few bumps and scuffs which is only to be expected. I did notice tho on both sills at the front there was signs of paint flaking off and the start of some rust but nothing bad yet, is that normal for one of this age? are there any major defects/problems with this particular model and that are people gettin mpg with this particular engine? majority of my driving is to work and back which is about 4 mile each way hence why i aint having another diesel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-01-2012, 11:31 PM

Send a message via MSN to Beaker
From what you're saying it may be the one at Evans Halshaw Chorley?

I looked at that one, but I ended up getting a 2.0 Diesel from an independent instead. Seemed to drive ok when I had a go. Ignore the 1.8 Zetec at Blackburn, the sills are so rusty they need cutting off and replacing!
post #3 of 4 Old 07-02-2012, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

haha, yes, when did you go thee and have a go? what made you go for the 2.0 diesel then?

post #4 of 4 Old 07-02-2012, 07:20 AM

Send a message via MSN to Beaker
Had a look about 10 days back. Was OK, but I wanted a Diesel because I go up to the lakes every couple of weeks, and down to Bucks about once every 4-8 weeks. It'll cover it's costs in no time!

I picked up the Tdci for a couple of reasons. Fuel Economy, Mileage (mine has 67k on it), spec (I wanted a Zetec really), and the 2.0Tdci is a bit quicker. If you're not doing too much distance contact "Quality Cars" onBrownedge Road as Lostock Hall, they had a nice 1.8 Zetec in with fairly low miles at about 3k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page