I'm new to this site, so appologies if I've posted this message in the wrong place. I'm looking for some help or advice with my c-max.
I have a 54 reg 1.6 c-max LX TDCI. It has done just over 106k miles. I've owned the car since March 09. This isa list of the things I have wrong with my car at the mo.
1. No power need to put foot down hard to fetch up revs.
2. Car labouring seems to be in wrong gear.
3. Feels like driving with handbrake on.
4. Heavy on diesal.
5. Huge black smoke clouds from exhaust.
6. Smell of diesal in car. (I've had pipes replaced which seemed to cure the problem)
7. Brake light faulty warning light on dash. But brakes are fine, car was serviced a month ago.
8. Low fuel warning, when I have fuel in it.
I ended up calling Rac out on Friday who also noticed that I had oil in a pipe that should of only had general car dirt stuff in it, something to do with the airpipe on the opposite side of the turbo pipe (sorry, not sure what he said it was now). Anyways, it is now at the garage who have said it needs to have aspecialist check on it as it seems like it's the EGR valve gone.
They're yet to give me a price as to how much it's going to cost.
I was wondering if any of you guys out there have experienced the same problem, how much roughly it cost and if your car has been cured?
Sorry for the lengthy post and I look forward to hearing from you.
Many thanks in advance,
Avery unhappy C-MAX owner.