Hello There!!! - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-14-2010, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Hello There,

I'm a newbie to the site and only found you by searching for advice on a couple of problems I was experiencing with my 54 plate 2005 2.0 TDCi Ghia. Namely the engine management light illuminated and the cruise control not working with intermittent lack of aturbo causing obvious major/dangerous problems with performance. (which caused my wife a few confidence issues with the car)This was eventually traced to a broken wire leading into the ECU by my excellent local (non ford) garage, the cause being the ECU bracket was loose and had trapped the wire breaking it in the process. I've also replaced a cracked sump plate, had two new windscreens, one due to water ingress into the drivers footwell and the second because the auto wiper sensor was not attached to the screen (sensor comes as part of the screen, which I found laughable) the auto wipers and the stereo clockhowever, both have a mind of their own.

Despite these problems, both my wife and I love driving the car and hopefully if we don't get too many morefaults,my wifesconfidence will be regained, and hopefully the CMAX will be here to stay for a while yet

Any suggestions to solve the mysteryof thatdamn clock would be much appreciated.

Regards
Steve.

Ps Has anyone chipped their 2.0 TDCi. I've done my Fiesta 1.6 TDCi and the power difference is amazing. So i'm contemplating chipping the CMAX to!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-15-2010, 01:07 AM

There is a full rolling road test summary for a 2L TDCI with one of the add on boxes as opposed to changing the chip

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #3 of 4 Old 02-15-2010, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Hi Richard,

I have a tunit on my fiesta and the results are great, improved MPG andperformance.Gonna have a look on the net and see if I can find any deals on them.

Cheers,

Steve.

2.0 TDCi Ghia 2005 54 plate

post #4 of 4 Old 02-15-2010, 11:42 PM

Hi and welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page