C-Max Owners Club banner

hello from a soon to be cmax owner

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  spally 
#1 ·
hello all,

thought i would register on here and say hello, seeing as i have been having a browse around your site.

a little history, previously had an astra 2.0 turbo which some little oick decided to crash into recentlyand write off for me. anyway as a result looks like i will be purchasing my dad's 2.0 ghia ultima (54 reg) fairly soon.

Idea for going to a bigger car was due to our 2 year old son and needing a bit more space for all his gear! lol

i will be asking some questions in the not to distant future, so look forward to speaking to some of you soon.

cheers

Paul

#2 ·
also could someone point me to the right area to answer the following question:

the cmax has an upgraded sony cd player in it. Dad has had the car since nearly new but recently the clock on the radio has started playing up. Every time you turn the igintion on the time changes!!! Is this a common fault? and is there an easy fix?

thanks

#3 ·
Hi Paul and welcome to the site. Ive just sold my Astra VXR and bought a Cmax 1.6 Zetec. Cheap to buy, insure and run but i do miss the 239bhp of the VXR!!! The Ultima is a great model and very rare, im sure you will love it. At least you know what you are buying with it being off your dad. Have to see if you start modding it, i always get the bug even though i said to myself not this time it has already begun. Get some pics up when you get it. Look forward to seing them.

Wes

#4 ·
hi wes, thanks for the welcome. umm VXR..... nearly bought one of those when i sold my last subaru but ended up with the 2.0 turbo sri instead. Good thing buying from my Dad is i know it has been looked after, serviced etc seeing as he is a mechanic. Only has 20 odd thousand miles as well which is a bonus.
Have always modded my cars in 1 way or another, and when i bought the astra said that would stop...no it didnt. Have said the same about the cmax, but dont think that is goint to last long!!!! ha ha

can you recommend any good sites/place to buy additional bits and bob?

cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.