Hello from the North East: 2.0L tdci Ghia - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-08-2010, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Hi,

Glad to of found this place - 1st thing I did on getting my max was search out an owners forum.

Mine is an '04 - Ghia; Metallic (Racing?) Green, Sunroof, EX Audio/Nav system, tinted rear windows and a properly lowered back end (30mm) with Koni dampers fitted.

Bit of a change from the VW Polo estate I used to own

I'm told its way too 'racey' for me but I'm afraid an immaculate interior, good body work, refurbished Alloys and cruise control sold the car to me in the end.

It also handles very well on the Vredestein tyres fitted all round, vented discs and green pads also help.

I'm actually much more into motorbikes than cars I'm afraid but, I could appreciate all the effort the previous owner had gone into.

I'm not not too sure about the heavily tinted rear and rear passinger windows, I really like the fact I dont get dazzled at night but, at night I can only see the headlights themseleves and not even an outline of the vehicle behind in my rear view mirror - I thought I was gettingused to them until I moved over into a right hand lane and hadnt notice a car - quite close behind.

Yes, I know I'm likely to get stopped by the boys in blue some day and "I think it was fitted at the factory" might be my only excuse.

Only problem so far is losing water from the washer bottle, which I see is covered recently here. I've gone through 10L of screen wash in the last month and I've also tried blowing by mouth, into the top-up cup and got a torrent of water blown onto the floor in the same area so I think the neck seal has also gone / is displaced on my car.

I'd like to keep the Alloys looking as great as they do now and ultimately thought of getting cheap spare steel wheels and running some winter tyres when the snow & salt arrive. Wheels are 5-bolt, running 205/55-17 tyres so any recommendations for winter tyres or alternatives for wheels very welcome.

Cheers - FrankEdited by: Falco
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-08-2010, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

test to ensure sig block is OK?

2004 2.0L TDCI Ghia, affectionately known as 'Big Kahuna'
post #3 of 5 Old 10-08-2010, 10:42 PM

In respect of the tinting. Probably the only windows they will be concerned about are the driver's, front passenger's and the front screen. Consider that everything else is just the same as if you were driving a van with no windows

I'm not certain that anyone has yet found any specific winter tyres here in UK but the 16" 5 stud steel wheels from the Mondeo are the same size and fit

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else

post #4 of 5 Old 10-08-2010, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Cheers Richard.

Front window is untinted - front side widows lightly tinted - so fingers crossed.

I've only recently heard of winter tyres myself as we were advised thet would be worthwhile on my partners Smart car - still reading up on them really.

2004 2.0L TDCI Ghia, affectionately known as 'Big Kahuna'
post #5 of 5 Old 10-08-2010, 10:54 PM

two sites I found for differnt approaches
I know nothing about the autosocks but I'm sure that some ambulance fleets have used them
http://www.autosock.co.uk/
http://www.wintergrip.co.uk/index.html

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page