C-Max Owners Club banner

Hello

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  kevmond 
#1 ·
Just purchased a 2.0l Ghia on a 54 plate and i'm really looking forward to getting it on wednesday, it's from a Ford dealer who is giving us 2 years parts and labor warranty too.
Had really bad luck with the last two cars (not fords), both of them had very bad mechanical probs, so can anyone tell me anything i should look out for, or if there's nothing to worry about let me know, it'll give me confidence in my purchase lol

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Crooklog and welcome to the club, how many miles has the car done? It seems that the Alternator, Electronic Parking Break (EPB), and the Exhaust Gas Recirculating valve (EGR) are the main areas to watch out for. Try to get any information the Dealer may have on work done on your car with these items. Your warranty should cover them, confirm that it does especially the EPB as its very expensive to replace. Is it petrol or diesel?

#3 ·
Hi Shaz,
The car is a TDCI with just over 70k on the clock. On the test drive everything seemed to be ok with the parking brake, what goes wrong? is it a case that they stop engaging/disengaging? I have never heard of a EGR either, what is the problem with these?
It's always nice to have a few pointers so i appreciate your comments

#6 ·
Kinda wished i'd never asked now lol. Rather worrying what i've seen about these three problems. I'm hoping that there are more cars without problems than with. As i would hope people with the problems are here because of them and not just because they're the happy customer without needing to find a solution to a problem.
Hopefully my car being a 54 plate will mean that i'll have some luck with this car, i really hope so!
Again many thanks to you both for the headsup, i'll be looking at those points today when i part with all of my familys savings

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.