Hello! - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 10-14-2012, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Hello!

This is a great place! Thanks for having me here. I'm joined to a similar forum for my mondeo. I joined this for any advice for tinkering with my wife's 58 reg C Max Zetec.

Overall, it's a cracking motor. She upgraded from an R reg fiesta so she's noticed the difference in quality and performance.

There's a couple of niggling issues I am surprised with. Example, why on earth do the front windows not go up with one touch but come down with one touch. Stupid really because she uses the Dartford tunnel and approaching the toll booths means you can drop the window with one touch but when pulling away you have to hold the button while driving.

Still, never mind.

Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-14-2012, 10:26 AM

the lack of up with one touch is probably down to cost element of otherwise needing to detect and stop the motor if something like a childs neck is caught. There was a case of such and the legislation came in. I've probably got it if you want to see

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #3 of 10 Old 10-14-2012, 11:37 AM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
I also find this omission utterly baffling. It's the only car I've ever had (with lecky windows) that didn't have "One touch" on the drivers window. I actually went back to the garage not long after I got it, and complained that it was broken. I was very surprised to be told it didn't have it. After all, it's meant to be the 2nd highest spec in the range, and as such I think it's unforgivable penny pinching! I'd sooner have had that than the useless sun blinds at the rear windows and the "Privacy Glass" which is fine in the summer, but a nightmare in the (fast approaching) dark winter months!
My old Picasso had it, and on my Xantia, the sensor was so good, you could put an apple between the glass and the frame and it barely bruised the skin!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec

post #4 of 10 Old 10-14-2012, 11:56 AM

Is it only ghia spec that has the one touch up for the drivers window? If it is seems very much like penny pinching, is it achieved by the programming of the cars software?

56reg Focus c-max 2.0 tdci ghia

Tango metallic sony 6 disc player front & rear parking sensors,privacy glass,climate control
post #5 of 10 Old 10-14-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by athonycmax View Post
Is it only ghia spec that has the one touch up for the drivers window? If it is seems very much like penny pinching, is it achieved by the programming of the cars software?
you likely have to have extra pressure sensors in the top of each window frame to register if anything is between glass coming up and the frame itself

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #6 of 10 Old 10-14-2012, 05:44 PM

Not sure where the sensors were on my Xantia. If you just put your hand on the top of the glass as it was coming up, it would stop and retract a little. And that was only on the LX. There was the SX, VSX and Exclusive ABOVE that one! Perhaps it just senses an increase in resistance to movement, which would result in increased current draw on the motor and may be what triggers the stop and reverse. Just a thought.

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #7 of 10 Old 10-14-2012, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

The windows on the Zetec as far as the manual is concerned says that they do have sensors. Strange that the one touch up is not in existence.
post #8 of 10 Old 10-15-2012, 08:28 AM

Are you sure that the facility is not there and just needs to be set. Mine has this albeit its a Ghia but I had to set it to one touch, Have a read of the manual.

2006 1.8 Petrol Ghia Silver
post #9 of 10 Old 10-15-2012, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I will have another go.
post #10 of 10 Old 10-16-2012, 12:40 AM

Don't think so. The switch has two "down" positions, but only one "up" setting. My last Ford was a P reg JPS Capri. Kinda wondered why I hadn't had another in all these years!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page