greeting - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 10-16-2010, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

Hello
I have recently joined the clubdue to finding a2004 2 litre diesel C-Max at what I considered to be a great price for the spec and suitability formy use. Have run it for around 4000 miles now and just washed it every other week (plus checking fluids) and it has met all my expectations. It did give me aworry on the first day out in a city centre when somehow I popped the knuckle joint on the gear lever out and even though I ampretty hands onmechanically called the AA, we both saw the detached link at the same time so it was a case of clipping it back in. Change gear a bit more sympathetically now as think it was a sudden and rather violent move to reverse that caused the problem. The AA mangave me a finger from a rubber glove and said to put that on the joint if it re-occurred but it hasn't.
The 2 litre diesel has very good acceleration and must say it makes life a lot easier on the country lanes when the 'slow around the bends but race along the straights brigade' used to hold my old Fiesta off a bit unreasonably makingdriving a real chore. Well I suppose it still is a chore but at least the C-max can get past so I can atleast drive at the speed limit.
My main worry is all the electronics, my Fiestawas a real bumper and timing chain model so for me its a quantum leap, especially from ourother vehicle a 94 Landrover Defender. Are the electronics a special cause of worryand are there any things I might do to to help? like spraying wd 40 on connections etc
Glad theres a Haynes manual coming out, that will make all the difference
regards
mammachou

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page