Grand C-Max Titanium Roof Aerial - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 12-27-2011, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

I have just bought a Grand C-max Titanium with the Sony DAB/Navigation option, unfortunately the roof aerial hits my up and over garage door so I have to remove it to put the car in the gagrage. Can anyone advise an alternative short aerial (less then 13cm) which works? I have been on line and have seen the Richbrook Ford Aerial advertised but does it work with DAB and Sat Nav?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-28-2011, 07:27 AM

Hello Siempre and welcome to the club.
Seeing that nobody has replied to your request for info. I thought that you might be getting discouraged before you have started. I don't know that I will be of much help, but here goes.
I had exactly the same problem with my garage door and a Nissan Tino. My wife bought me a stub aerial from Halfords, hence I don't know the make or price, but it solved the problem. It is now ten years old and has replaced the whip aerial on my C-max.
The aerial is 17cm long but because of the angle, it is only 11cm above the roof and as it is fitted at the front on a lower portion of the roof, it is only 7cm above the highest roof point. I hope that this makes sense.
On my car, the aerial works perfectly and actually appears to receive a better signal.
What I would suggest is a visit to your local car spares shop. I am sure that they would let you try it on your car if you are careful with the packaging.

2009(10reg)1.8TDCi115Titanium
post #3 of 5 Old 12-29-2011, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Rolo. My concern is that I have DAB and SatNav which is received through the aerial so not sure the Halfords aerial will work.

post #4 of 5 Old 12-29-2011, 01:22 PM

We have several car shops in our area, not only Halfords. I would suggest going to one of the smaller ones, if there are any near you, and explain to them exactly what you require the aerial to do. Any shop worth its salt, especially in today's climate, should be willing to help you ensure that the aerial meets your requirement.
If you purchase the aerial On-line then you have seven days to return it under the consumer protection regulations.
These stub aerials are designed as a replacement for the whip aerial, I would be surprised if they don't work on your car. Some On-line models are even described as Ford aerials.
Good luck and don't forget to let everyone know how you get on.

2009(10reg)1.8TDCi115Titanium
post #5 of 5 Old 12-29-2011, 09:49 PM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
If your aerial is anything like mine, it will have a sprung section near the base. Mine also used to catch on the garage door because some oick at Ford has decided to delete the swivel joint which has been one every other roof aerial on any car I have ever had........until now. I used to just fold the aerial down on my last car when I put it inside. If I put this one inside, I have a small plastic bag of sand, wrapped in cloth, which I place on the aerial to weigh it down. The only thing is, you have to remember to take it off again! Beats unscrewing it all the time though!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page