Ford Sat Nav Help wanted - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 04-03-2011, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Hi I'm Vic ,( New Member) I have just purchased a new C-MAX, March 2011,Titanium, 16 TDCi, with Active Park Assist, speech control, leather seats, electric sun roof, heated seats etc 17" alloy wheels and Ford sat nav.It is the 1st C-Max I have had and seems a really solid car with positive steering.but no Instructions came with the sat nav, can anyone tell me how i can get instructions. I don't even know where to find the SD card so I can update the routes etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-04-2011, 12:50 AM
rwl

Hi Vic
The sd card for the sat nav is just above the screen
As to a Sat navhand book I have been trying to get one for two months and even the dealer can not get me one, all the imformation is within the car hand book except for explainations as to the various symbols
My satnav doesn't show anyspeed limits and it should, the dealer says that it has to be recalibrated once ford have advised them. I thought that all that imformation should be on the sd card but without a hand book it hard to know
I also put the sd card in the computer thinking there may be some instructions there but no luck.
Let me know if you find one
RWL

2011 new c-max 2.0 tdci titanium, family pack, convenience pack
post #3 of 12 Old 04-04-2011, 01:56 AM

Hi Vic,welcome to the club[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img].Seems ford are having a few problems with instructions,lets hope they get some to you asap.Makes me glad I only have an aftermarket (Navman) system.
MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec

post #4 of 12 Old 04-04-2011, 02:42 AM Thread Starter

Many Thanks RWL , for info on SD cards position . I will keep searching for Sat Nav Manual. If I get one I will let you have a copy
post #5 of 12 Old 04-04-2011, 04:11 AM

Hi I have the Sony system and I have had no problems with the Sat Nav menu you just go through it and choose the bits that you wish to operate on the system, not sure that a book is required.

Greg 1.6 Diesal Titanium Grand C Max in frozen white with all options but not the low profile tyres
post #6 of 12 Old 04-04-2011, 05:26 AM Thread Starter

Hi gregtheegg, The Ford Sat Nav is self-explanatory following the instructions on the screen. but I would like to know how to update the Cd card info like routes, speed cameras and traffic etc on the internet via my computer
Can anyone help ???
post #7 of 12 Old 04-04-2011, 03:16 PM

The manual (at least in PDF form) has the information on the mobile and CD/SD sat nav. I am assuming you have a different manual or no manual at all for the car. Search on this site for the manual as it has been posted

Or use this link!! http://fordfcsd.wunderman.be/default.asp

Grand C-Max 2.0TDCI Titanium Colorado Red
Tinted windows - bi-xenon/washers - 17\" Wheels
Winter pack
Sony Gps SD Hands free - reversing camera - parking sensors - key free
post #8 of 12 Old 04-05-2011, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Hi Gazza-CH.
Many thanks for you intrest and the link. I went on it and it did helpfula bit, but mine in a Ford Sat Nav. My worry is I don'twon't to put the sd card in my computer unless I know how to update incase I lose the data
Regards Vic
post #9 of 12 Old 04-06-2011, 12:55 AM
rwl

Hi Vic
Mine is a ford satnav and I put my sd card into my computer without doing any harm, just looking for possible opperating instructions. However although I could read what files were on it they were all pretty meaningless and not updateable, my sd card is a ford 2010 and I think that ford mean you to buy a new card whenever you want to update, at a price of course.
Ron

2011 new c-max 2.0 tdci titanium, family pack, convenience pack
post #10 of 12 Old 04-06-2011, 12:52 PM

I'm having a look around about the sat-navs myself. There is also some videos on you-tube that ford has done, one is for the mobile sat-nav, so maybe there's more. maybe its worth a look.

Grand C-Max 2.0TDCI Titanium Colorado Red
Tinted windows - bi-xenon/washers - 17\" Wheels
Winter pack
Sony Gps SD Hands free - reversing camera - parking sensors - key free
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page