FORD C MAX 1.8TDCI 07/57PLATE - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-10-2011, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Hi my name alan .

anyone know what oil filter part number is for the car .

i also need the fuel filter part number .

i am looking to fit 3rd party parts anyone know what the best make to use .

i also bought MOBIL 1 5W30 ESP Fully Synthetic Engine Oil - 5 Litre - 5L will this oil be ok for my car it was expensive oil but i am not sure if its ok to use .

Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5W-30 is an advanced performance synthetic engine oil designed to provide exceptional cleaning power, wear protection and overall performance.

Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5W-30 has been expertly engineered to help prolong the life and maintain the efficiency of Car Emission Reduction Systems in both diesel and gasoline powered automobiles.

Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5W-30 exceeds the requirements of many leading industry and car manufacturers' standards required for newer modern diesel and gasoline powered passenger car engines.

Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5W-30 is made with a proprietary blend of leading edge components formulated to be fully compatible with the latest Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF's) and Gasoline Catalytic Converters (CAT's).

Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5W-30 has been designed to deliver outstanding performance and protection in conjunction with improved fuel economy.
<table dir="LTR" border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="1" width="748">
<t><tr><td colSpan="2">

Meets requirements of:

ACEA C2/C3; API CF; Jaso DL-1

Approved By:

Mercedes Benz 229.31/229.51; VW 504 00/ 507 00; BMW Longlife - 04, PSA B71 2290, Porsche C30</td>
</tr>
<tr><td width="50%">

Quantity

</td>
<td width="50%">

1 x Single 5 Litre - 5L Bottle Of Mobil 1 5w30 ESP.</td>
</tr>
<tr><td width="50%">

Manufacturers Part Numbers for REF ONLY

</td>
<td width="50%">

151055</td>
</tr>
</t></table>

any help on these issues would be very helpfull thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-10-2011, 10:16 AM

the usual spec for the CMax is 5W30 SEMi Synthetic with for the later models that it is a Ford approved version as well

As to filters I've found that by the time you've chased around looking for best 3rd party prices the difference and hassle means you almost might as well have gone to Fraud or even Halfords

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #3 of 4 Old 09-11-2011, 07:41 AM

Ford spec is WSS-M2C913-B for Semi Synthetic orWSS-M2C913-C for the newer fully synthetic, both are compatible with older cars but you should use the newer spec on current models. It is also reffered to as A1/B1 for the semi and A5/B5 for the fully. All should be 5w/30.The oil you have bought is not the correct spec evne though it is the correct 5w/30 viscosity. It should not do the engine any harm at all but it could have an effect on the emmision systems, Merc's, BMW'sand VW's are very different to Ford in this respect and could potentially lead to MOT failure if damage is caused. Would probably take quite a while though.Unfortunately oil is not as simple as it used to be, when I was a lad I simply bought Castrol or Duckhams and 20w/50 was the only grade available. Recently have bought Carlube Ford Spec oil from out local factors when I have needed it, about 20 or less for 5 litres of semi synthetic.Normally genuine Ford filters are about the same price as pattern parts but Halfords filters are fine and normally there is a branch close by.
Edited by: Seven

post #4 of 4 Old 09-11-2011, 10:42 AM

I've used Halford own 5W30 Semi sythethic on our diesel for more than the two past MOT's and no smoke problems

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page