Faults, Faults, Faults - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 07-23-2012, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Faults, Faults, Faults

Driving my 4th C-Max over various models (now 2.0 titanium auto Nov 2011); all have had problem of tailgate opening for no reason - Ford have known about this on all C-Max models for years but don't have a fix; this car has problems of: immobiliser malfunctioning; child locks malfunction in beginning but no warning light - again Ford knew about this but didn't contact owners - child opened door in traffic while I was driving; automatic lights/mirrors don't always switch off/fold in when car locked; radio changes frequency; bluebooth unpairs from mobile; engine doesn't always start 1st or even 2nd time (not immobiliser problem); instrument panel display changes of it's own accord; sure there are other probs that I can't bring to mind at this moment. I've had at least 4 software updates, loose connection in fusebox fixed, etc. etc. but these things are still happening. Love C-Max but Ford need to get their act together and solve these things. Fed up now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-23-2012, 10:29 PM

Your fourth you say You must love these cars. I'm coming to you for advice with all that experience.

Blue 2 Litre Diesel Ghia ,2005, Front and rear parking sensors,fridge, sony 6 cd player, Full cream leather interior.Favourite of all-sunroof for those hot British summers
post #3 of 6 Old 07-24-2012, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb

Believe it or not, I DO actually like the C-Max and, for reasons I won't bore anyone with, it suits me. The model I have now is superb but just very annoying in that Ford can't sort out these problems. However, don't come to me for advice - I'm looking for some from you guys!!!!

post #4 of 6 Old 07-24-2012, 07:50 PM

Are you sure you aren't putting out some electric/magnetic field that's causing all this stuff? Maybe you work in nuclear power reactor or had an accident in a space shuttle in your past... Lol
But seriously now. Have you had these problems on all your cars or have they been spread out over the four of them?
post #5 of 6 Old 07-24-2012, 08:33 PM

You simply should not be having any problems...period. Your car is under manufacturers warranty and as such they are legally obliged to fix it pronto.
Get the car to the dealers and get them to fix any problems and they should give you a courtesy car whilst car is being looked at.

Blue 2 Litre Diesel Ghia ,2005, Front and rear parking sensors,fridge, sony 6 cd player, Full cream leather interior.Favourite of all-sunroof for those hot British summers
post #6 of 6 Old 07-24-2012, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Red face Truly...I may be female but I'm not a "girly" car owner

Honestly guys, I promise you, the only persistent problem I had with previous C-Maxs was the boot opening of it's own accord - and I once passed someone who stopped their car on a dual carriageway, got out, opened the boot wide, shut it again and went on their way! There are always teething problems with new cars but this car, however, was one of the very first of the new model 2 litre autos to be manufactured and brought into the UK last November (or so I was told) and I had ordered it in March or April last year but the Japan earthquake halted production. Some of the faults seem to have settled down but I've had to put my lights to manual, keep an eye on the boot and still have a hard brake pedal when trying to start the engine. At least the immobiliser hasn't malfunctioned again, so far. The garage imply that think I'm imagining it all - despite them having seen the problems for themselves. Maybe an exorcist might be the answer!

Last edited by Anon54; 07-24-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page