engine system failure again!!!! - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-09-2011, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Hi... i have an 06 plate CMax Ghia 1.6 TDCI......I had a problem when the car lost power and the Engine System Failure message came up with the red light and also the orange engine light. When thisfirsthappened i took it to a local mechanicwho cleaned out the DPF filter. I filled up with fuel after 30 - 40 miles the engine would fault again so I took back and the mechanic put fresh additive in costing 300, after filling the car up the same thing happened so i took it to a Ford garage where they didthe disgnostic test....this showed the car needed a Pressure sensor and a new DPF....1,000 later i had the car back.....i filled up and all was going great, first time in ages i actually had a car that was running as it should, so u can imagine how i wanted to cry when at a mere 98miles since having the car back it went 'beep' and the engine system failure warning light message and engine light are back and the car is yet again in limp mode........Does anyone have any idea whatthis could be or what i should do...i have the car booked back into Fords in the morning but obviously i cant keep paying out...they told me it was def the DPF and said i wouldnt have any further problems and i dont want to be fobbed off by Fords so if anyone has any advice on this i would be soooo grateful!!!! thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-10-2011, 10:35 AM

A friend of mine had the same problem with his Cmax car and after various visits to Ford they discovered that the Instrument cluster had to be changed (something to do with the engine imobiliser which is part of the instrument cluster)took them about a week to do and cost 600....vary rare problem but it sorted it.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-10-2011, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply...Well mine went back in this morning and said there was a break in a wire to do with the throttle so they fixed that and took it for a good test drive and yet again it has gone!!!.......I am hoping they find out what it is soon cos its slowly driving me mad.......i am a little unsure whether i should mention the 'cluster' to them incase they do it and it still hasnt solved the problemcos then its getting rather expensive. Guess its just a case of waiting to see what they come up with next!! I really thought it would have come up with what the problem is when they did the diagnostic test??

post #4 of 7 Old 10-10-2011, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

and now they r replacing the throttle box!!!!!....i think its a guessing game but these things they r not charging me for...at the moment!!!!!
post #5 of 7 Old 10-10-2011, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

sorry for so many posts but did ur friends C-Max lose power when the Engine Systems Fault warning came on?
post #6 of 7 Old 10-11-2011, 06:56 AM

My sister has a Focus 2011 and has had constant engine failure , been back and for to different ford garages, DPFwas said to be the problem,they did all the right things to correct this butthe problem did not go away, now it has been said that the fuel has beenCONTAMINATEDand particles are blocking the fuel flowing normally which is telling the engine that no fuel is getting thru so causing engine failure, this is not covered on the warranty and would cost 2000+. Needless to say she is cutting her losses and is changing the car. I hope this may be of help to you,it has take some time to find the correctdiagnosis to her engine failure. Good Luck
post #7 of 7 Old 10-11-2011, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Thanks.....Fords still have my car.....they called in others to look at it as they repaired some wiring and replaced the throttle box for the problem to still be there and when others looked at itthey foundthere is actually a hole in intercooler!!!!....how this was not noticed first off and how it wasnt picked up on the diagnostic test i dont know but Fords to be fair have been good andr doing the repairs at no extra cost.......just hope when i get the car back it will be cured although iam losing faith a little .... time will tell i guess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page