C-Maximus of Salford - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-11-2011, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Greetings fellow C-Max'ers,
Almost enrolled in the club, as I pick up my '57 plate this Friday from main dealer. It's a 1.6 petrol, in Tonic Blue, 28k with FFSH (mobility stock). Bit the bullet, as been running my A6 2.5TDi Quattro Sport into the ground and last month it cost me 1450 and the turbo's on it's way now. Great car for the family as it had a massive boot and acres of space for kids on back seat. Misses wanted a Focus but I wanted Mondeo Estate, hence the C-max as a compromise.
Plan tokeep it pretty standard apart from upgrading the speakers as I love my music, (as if memory serves me correct Ford standard speakers were pants!) and I think I might need a little more poke when it's fully laden (kids and luggage). As I wanted a 1.6 TDCi, but fate dealt otherwise or should I say my partner pressured me into the fist one we saw! So thinking of an after marketchip that gives a little more poke for 50 (40bhp they quote). So look out for posts on them in a little while.
Anyway, ciao for now and I'll let you know how it goes Friday on pick up and my first proper drive (without sales rep in front seat)
Daddy Wagon out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-11-2011, 07:13 PM

Hi, Welcome to the Club!
You're right about the Speakers, Standard ones do not like to be cranked up too much!. Not sure if Mondeo ST or Ghia X ones fit, I had a set in my old MK2 Mondeo and they were brilliant!
Higher Spec models ( with Sony stereo at least ) come with uprated Speakers ( scrappy/Parts gateway? ).
Any chance you can post your findings regarding Speakers to help others who may wish to upgrade?
Thanks in advance!.

2010 Titanium 2.0 TDCI Panther Black.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-12-2011, 12:09 AM

Hello & welcome[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img].MM

MetalMicky ( Mike)

2004 2.0 TDCI Zetec

post #4 of 6 Old 01-12-2011, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddywagon
So thinking of an after market chip that gives a little more poke for 50 (40bhp they quote).

Daddywagon, welcome! I'm interested to know more about the chip as its something I wasn't aware of and haven't looked into. Can you provide anymore details maybe a website that I can find more information on?

Thanks

Simo<div style="-attachment: scroll; -repeat: repeat; -: n&#111;ne; -: 0% 0%; -size: auto; -origin: padding-; -clip: border-; : #000000; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; : fixed; visibility: ; display: n&#111;ne; : 65535; border-top-color: #999999; border-left-color: #999999; border-right-color: #999999; border-bottom-color: #999999; border-top-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; -shadow: 5px 5px 5px">[img][/img]usoPreviewPopup

54 2.0 Petrol Ford Focus C-Max Ghia Ink Blue
post #5 of 6 Old 01-17-2011, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by simo

Daddywagon, welcome! I'm interested to know more about the chip as its something I wasn't aware of and haven't looked into. Can you provide anymore details maybe a website that I can find more information on?
<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #999999 1px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: n&#111;ne; BORDER-TOP: #999999 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #999999 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 0px; -attachment: scroll; -repeat: repeat; -size: auto; -origin: padding-; -clip: border-; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; -shadow: 5px 5px 5px; -: 0% 0%; 000000: ; fixed: ; 65535: ">usoPreviewPopup
Cheers for the welcome fellas, Simo in answer to your inquiry, the website is www.tuningwizard.co.uk, on which they state for a 1.6 petrol. Aset remap for 20 which is approx. +25bhp over standard, while they also have a variable remap with controller which can be adjusted fora fule savingverses power at 50. With the latter they state an increase of +40bhp over standard and if you want the controller inside the car then there is an extended lead to be purchased as an extra.
Hope this helps.
DW

2007 (\'57 plate) 1.6 zetec petrol in Tonic Blue
post #6 of 6 Old 01-18-2011, 03:36 PM

Let us know the results when you get yours fitted.

Titanium 1.8 Petrol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page