C-Max new owner - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 12-03-2011, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

Hi all
Having been viewing this forum for a couple months i've decided i'd better join.
Finally purchased a 2008 C-Max 2.0 auto yesterday after researching all the pros/cons of this model.
Wanted to change out my Mondeo 2.0 auto i'd had 4 years for a car that's easier to get in/out & always loved the people carrier height of driving/line of sight.
Seeing as i didn't need a 7 seater i decided the C-Max fitted in with all our wishes.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Administrator

Garage
Welcome aboard! Congrats on the purchase
post #3 of 8 Old 12-05-2011, 07:24 PM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
That's exactly the same reason that I changed to MPVs when I bought my first one (A Picasso) about 4 years ago. Having dodgy hips ( Had the first one done 5 weeks ago tomorrow) meant I was far better able to get in and out with minimal difficulty. I used to have to put a cushion between my right leg and the door on the pic to stop it falling outwards and putting pressure on my hip. The seats in the C-Max are more supportive and I found I didn't need it any more. I've recently been given the all clear to drive again and am finding no problems with entry and egress at all. The seat is supporting the leg perfectly. Well Impressed! The seats don't immediately look anything special, but I find them really good. They seem more comfortable than I remember the ones in my brother in laws Mondeo as well.So far, the only gripe I have has to do with the poor provision of storage spaces in the C-Max. That is the one area that the Pic really shone in and I kind of miss the huge door pockets and various useful cubbies that just don't exist in the Ford. Everything else is a fair bit better so I reckon I can live with that.

Happy Motoring! Regards Colin.

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec

post #4 of 8 Old 12-05-2011, 07:59 PM

Hi, i have just taken the plunge to both join this ford forum and also to purchase a rather nice C-Max TDCI ghia 2006. It was a toss up between the Picasso, which was leading because my parent shave one. However, once i had sat in the C-Max, I was hooked. Just had to find the model at my price. Bought one which has higher mileage, Butas the owner was leaving the country and wanted a quick sale, i got myself a bargain. FABULOUS.

I am looking for some assitance with respect to the wiring of a tow bar and electrics? I bought the towbar off a scrappy, zzz it has lots and lots of wiring and two larger than usual relay boxes? or i think they are. Anyone have a wiring diagram??? Thanks
post #5 of 8 Old 12-06-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyhutchinson
Hi, i have just taken the plunge to both join this ford forum and also to purchase a rather nice C-Max TDCI ghia 2006. It was a toss up between the Picasso, which was leading because my parent shave one. However, once i had sat in the C-Max, I was hooked. Just had to find the model at my price. Bought one which has higher mileage, Butas the owner was leaving the country and wanted a quick sale, i got myself a bargain. FABULOUS.

I am looking for some assitance with respect to the wiring of a tow bar and electrics? I bought the towbar off a scrappy, zzz it has lots and lots of wiring and two larger than usual relay boxes? or i think they are. Anyone have a wiring diagram??? Thanks
Hi, Towbar wiring is a standard ( google ).Wiring on Vehicle is as follows:Stop lights: Green/red on N/S, Green/Black on O/S,Indicators: Blue on N/S, Blue/Red on O/S,Sidelights: Orange/White on N/S, Orange/Green on O/S,Fog light: Green/Yellow on both N/S and O/s,Reverse light: Green/Black on N/S, Green/Orange on O/S.
Boxes possibly for Fog light Cut-off relay?, Parking sensor cut-out?, from later car for Canbus LED rear lights?Usually Fog light cut-out relay appears to be just that, a Relay, in both appearance and operation...

2010 Titanium 2.0 TDCI Panther Black.
post #6 of 8 Old 12-06-2011, 01:26 PM

<DIV itxtNodeId="355" itxtHarvested="0">Boxes possibly for Fog light Cut-off relay?, Parking sensor cut-out?, from later car for Canbus LED rear lights?
<DIV itxtNodeId="354" itxtHarvested="0">Usually Fog light cut-out relay appears to be just that, a Relay, in both appearance and operation...
<DIV itxtNodeId="354" itxtHarvested="0">
<DIV itxtNodeId="354" itxtHarvested="0">Therewas also a 13N socket that had a mechnaical means of breaking the connection to the vehicle fog lights when the plug went in

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #7 of 8 Old 12-06-2011, 06:08 PM

Richard, the 12n fog light circuit is merely a break in vehicle's fog light ground, and an alternative ground made in lieu for trailer fog light. Hence my mention of its visual appearance and it's operation.
Reverse light vehicle wiring colour is provided in case you needed 12n wiring info to.

2010 Titanium 2.0 TDCI Panther Black.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-07-2011, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin
Welcome aboard! Congrats on the purchase

Thankyou
Just arrived back last night after a trip visiting family, did around 300 miles & the car was perfect in every way.
Impressed with the headlights giving good visibility on the country roads, the smooth ride along the potholed roads was also good.
Purchased a Haynes manual online Sunday & it arrived today, i'll have a read of it sometime.

Dave

2008 (58) Tango Red 2.0 Petrol Auto Zetec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page