C-Max AND a biker - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 01-25-2010, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

...well, you have to drive summat when the weather's too bad to ride.

Hi all, just came across your site and thought it couldn't hurt to stick my head in and say "room for another?"

Against my better judgement, we (when I say 'we' I primarily mean the missus) have just chopped in our '99 V reg 1.8 Focus Zetec for a more substantial and spacious '55 C-Max Zetec 1.6 in beautiful Silver. I say against my better judgement as having previous owned a few Fiestas in the past and then more recently the Focus, I've never been overly impressed with Fords on the whole, mainly minor points like plastic parts that seem to snap too easily and naff paintwork.

HOWEVER...

As we were in the market for a replacement family car, our original seek was a Vauxhall Meriva – albeit the interior styling left a lot to be desired and the price was less than the C-Max. My initial impressions of the Meriva weren't THAT impressed until I raised my budget and found the C-Max was an option. Quick search of Autotrader etc and came across a 1.8 C-Max. Oh dear! Quite obviously the front end HAD been involved in some kind of knock that the salesman 'knew little of its history...', ruled THAT one out, plus the colour (dark blue) wasn't as nice as the one we went for in the end. Ok so its a 1.6 not a 1.8, but it does only have 26k on the clock as opposed to the 1.8 carrying 39k, and as its going to be used by the little miss for work and ferrying the kids around, am hoping we won't see a massive decrease in the weight to power ratio and more an economical return for the investment.

We pick it up this weekend and am looking forward to hopefully many reliable years of C-Max'ing.

Any pointers, things to watch for or feedback on this will be greatly appreciated, or just nice improvements that many C-Maxers make.

Cheers guys.

Edited by: bikething
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 01-25-2010, 08:04 PM

Welcome to the Club!
What Fuel does your car run on?, either way, both 1.6 Petrol and Diesel engines are pretty good, aside from the occasional Alternator failure, ( although I`d probably say the Diesel is a better engine in terms of power and driveability ) sorry if you have the petrol!!!
Good call over the Meriva!, although, may I ask why not a Ford Fusion which is the direct competitor?
A little Mod that is interior footwell illumination, a pair af Capless 501 bulbs`ll sort that out,the Post is somewhere on this site!
Enjoy your new Car!

2010 Titanium 2.0 TDCI Panther Black.
post #3 of 17 Old 01-25-2010, 08:14 PM

Welcome to the C-Max Owners Club

Ford C-Max Zetec 1.6 TDCI - In Moondust Silver

post #4 of 17 Old 01-25-2010, 10:40 PM

The footwell lights depend on having the wiring allready installed and there is not any apparent fixed rule on this.

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #5 of 17 Old 01-25-2010, 10:56 PM

welcome bikething
i to have the same as you bike in shed and wife wanting a cmax which we have now got 2.0tdci seems ok. its a lot cheaper to run than the bikeis.

early mornings are us
post #6 of 17 Old 01-25-2010, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by postie
welcome bikething
its a lot cheaper to run than the bikeis.
Bejeezus! What the **** you riding? Streethawk? lol

Does anyone have the link to this 'footwell mod' please?

Cheers
post #7 of 17 Old 01-26-2010, 12:07 AM

no
got a fireblade which i get only 1k miles to the back and only 2k to a front but they are soft plus have a rg500 which is a bit trick and it only does about 18mpg plus i have to use a 1litre bottle off 2 stroke oil per 1kwhich is only 18. have stopped trying to work out how much they cost per year. the rg only comes out on nice and hot sunny days as its a bit of a hand full.

early mornings are us
post #8 of 17 Old 01-26-2010, 03:27 AM

Hi, As stated, IF you have the bulb holders then this is the link for you ( and anyone else ).
http://www.cmaxownersclub.co.uk/foru...footwell+light
Have fun.

2010 Titanium 2.0 TDCI Panther Black.
post #9 of 17 Old 01-26-2010, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

Massive thanks for that Kevmond.
post #10 of 17 Old 01-27-2010, 02:35 AM

Hi bikething and welcome (to the world of four wheels )

I'd go for the light mods in the footwell, again if the wiring/holders are there. If not I'm sure you get your "boss" (we all have one I think!) to hold a torch!
I would say switch all the internal lights to white LEDS, so much better and brighter at night.
If you need a link, let us know.
Only other thing I can think of is enjoy your wifes car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page