C-Max 1.8 Ghia petrol - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 Old 01-27-2008, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Hello everybody, I've been looking to purchase an 04 C-Max 1.8 petrol in Ghia spec, is there anything that I should look for, not had a test drive yet, hopefully in the next day or two.

I am currently driving a Hyundai Coupe V6 Auto, and want something with similar equipment, it seems I will have to forgoe climate control and leather, but gain auto wipers and much improved economy [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img] I don't do enough mileage to justify a TDCi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 01-28-2008, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Just had a test drive, and now put a deposit on it

Only done 29000, not a mark on it..I'm picking it up on Monday.

Pic from dealer site
post #3 of 30 Old 02-05-2008, 08:48 PM

i obught a silver 1.8 ghia in january. so far been good but make sure you check the brake pads. I just had to replace my back ones as they were worn doen to the metal last week. I got them on internet for 23 and fitted myself so was a bit miffed about them needing changing so quick. Also look for creaky door panels as mine were very creaky. sorted with some glue & a bit of sponge so car is nice & quiet now.
hope you enjoy yours

post #4 of 30 Old 02-06-2008, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Its a fantastic car....how many miles had your car done on that set of pads?

Must admit now really noticed creaking panels, then again the radio is rather good!!! The only thing I plan to change is to fit a Sony 6cd headunit instead of the Ford 6000cd. Would be even better then [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
post #5 of 30 Old 02-06-2008, 05:11 PM

its got 21500 on it so if they are the original ones thats not too bad. I think I will check the front ones at the weekend. Rest of the car is fine but the panels drove me mad after a bit so I had to sort them out. What MPG do you get?
post #6 of 30 Old 02-06-2008, 06:02 PM

Hi

That doessnt seem a lot of miles for the rear brakes.
Is it the electic handbrake model.
I believe the early ones dragged a bit more than they should have done prematurely wearing the pads and a software update was needed.

My 04 zetec diesel has 58000 on the clock and still on the original rear pads with a bit more left on them

Cheers

Geoff

post #7 of 30 Old 02-06-2008, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

I've only had the car since Monday night so not sure about MPG....computer says average 30....which isn't that great, but my prev car a real drinker.

When my coupe was empty of fuel and put 20 in (at 104.9p per litre) the computer said it was 115 miles to empty, put 20 in the C-Max at empty it said 260 to empty...Thats quite a difference!!
post #8 of 30 Old 02-07-2008, 02:44 PM

Nice looking cmax!

I'm getting about 30mpg on average out of mine. Not brill but it is a big heavy car.

I got rear ended by a Merc Sprinter LWB (city link) a few months ago and the Merc came off much worse than my Max. I was well impressed with the performance of it when hit whilst stationary at about 40mph.

New bumper - newboot door and fittings, new boot floor and that was about it. No chasis twist and no injury to me other than whiplash.

Now - can anyone tell me if their steering wheel buttons (cruise control) light up at night?

post #9 of 30 Old 02-07-2008, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

My wheel controls don't light up.

post #10 of 30 Old 02-08-2008, 02:14 PM

Cheers - at least it's saved me a trip to the dealer.
Pity though - they do really need to be visible at night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page