1st Cmax due 1-8-08 - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-24-2008, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

First time logon so just saying Hello.
Just found this site after searching for anything Cmax. Get my first Cmax as a company car after running a Mondeo for 4 years. Did not have one thing go wrong with this so expecting the same, (could this happen having twp cars in a row without faults?). Had a 1.8 Mondeo Petrol Mystral, Upgrading and downsizing to a 2.0 Petrol Titanium with sport pack.
Would welcome any possible feed back on the 2.0 Petrol, Titanium trim and the Sport 3 pack.
Thank's

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-24-2008, 09:32 AM

Welcome .
You will have a nice car,don`t know much about sports pack 3 but it sound good.
Keep us all posted on your thoughts,Ta.

post #3 of 4 Old 08-04-2008, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Finally got the C-Max on Friday the 1st of August. First impressions are exceeding expectations. Fantastic car! Much better ride than my old bottom of the range Mondeo even with the Sports pack. Has 225/40 R18 alloys from the Focus ST and 30mm lowered sports suspension. A bit more Road noise but that is to be expected due to the profile. Grips brilliantly and still has a great ride. Loving the high driving position but even though it's high up there is no buffeting I expected when on the motorway. Kit wise, despite it being the Titanium it is lacking some kit. No cruise, no climate. Had to book it in immediately for a safety check over the power steering hose. The suppling dealer only got the notification from the Ford the day it was delivered. Don't know what cars it effects but it may be worth contacting your Ford dealer to check if your needs to be seen. The hose can split and spray the hot engine parts with fluid possibly causing an engine fire. Early days yet but definitely the right choice so far!

post #4 of 4 Old 02-17-2009, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

6000 mile update.
Now getting an extra 50 miles out of tank than when first received the car. Longest distance traveled in one go was 310 miles, still had 40miles left in the tank according to the computer. Not a hint of tiredness. Seats are truly fantastic. Glad I went for the sports pack to get the sports seats. Sony stereo is fantastic as well. The 8 speakers fitted are superb. Like the little extra on the Titanium spec, puddle lights, see you home lights, auto dimming rear view mirror. Really useful when you try them.
Had the car 4 up on many occasions, all say how upmarket it is, part leather trim helps! Even people who say I've given up getting a MPV have shut up when they see it. 18" alloys, lowered suspension and body kit helps there! And them totally shut up when I drive them! 2.0 petrol pulls so well.
Took the rear seats out and managed to get 35 bin bags of clothes in. Not even a struggle.
Down sides -
Drivers seat squeaks, might be because I'm 6' 4", 18 stone ex-rugby player! That's why the I got the C-max instead of the Focus ST, couldn't really fit in that!
Carpet not correctly fitted in the factory, is away at the base of the drivers seat and in the passenger footwell.
Seat belt adjuster in door pillar rattles slightly.
ST style alloys are a real pain to clean.
Sat Nav sits so far away from you, but that's expected.
Overall, still loving the car. Starting to see lots more of the new shape on the road. Friend of my father recently bought one after I left my car on his drive and he had a good old look. He loves it!
If any see's a silver 08 with big alloy's along the M5 corridor just south of Birmingham, I'm the big *** with the happy grin!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page