1.8tdci zetec - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-14-2011, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

evening all im new on here so go easy on me[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]im currently looking at buying a 2007/8 cmax 1.8tdci i have a few questions im hoping someone on here can help me with.1,are these 1.8tdci units dpf or like most cars do some have them and some not2,realiability any major issues i should know about eg injector failure,clutch and dmf issues3,whats the realistic mpg on these diesel units im reading on here various figures anything from 45/55mpg.thanks in advance guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-15-2011, 04:47 AM

Welcome to the site.Ihave a 1.8 tdci without the diesel particle filter.had 52,000 miles on the clock from new, only just had its third mot, no problems. only have recepits for 6 tyres since new. car has full ford service history. one recall for a temp switch. car is fantastic.just had long weekend in cardiff, travelling from west midlands. took it easy driving around 552 miles on the trip computer with 128 still in tank. average for this fill up 61.5 miles. highest average so far was telford to glasgow-73.8 mpg. drove steady abour 60-65 mph. one happy owner.my engine is the old steel 8v engine, don't know if yours is different. ie alloy 16v engine if you have an early mk2.happy driving.

2006 1.8 TDCI Style
post #3 of 3 Old 08-15-2011, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the reply to be honest im more or less sold on having one[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]i was looking at the vw touran but they are plagued with faults and the money that im spending on a cmax i can get so much more for my money eg..cost less,newer vehicle and lower mileage.i have a tdi jetta at the moment which when it running its good but when it comes to the dealer and service costs they are taking the you no what[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]is there much difference with the old block and the alloy block? reliabilty wise?ive been looking at the face lifted versions some have the old style dash and others have the newer version?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page