Wiper blade lift when driving??? - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 02-06-2012, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Hello,Does any body else have the problem with wiper blade lift roughly in the middle of the blade when driving above 50mph ish.I fitted Bosch items about 4 months ago not impressed, screen always clear of frost before use.Are the Ford items any better?Steve

2 Litre Diesel Ghia Titanium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-07-2012, 06:49 AM

you could always try bending the actual arm a little towards the screen to increase the spring force. It may also be worth trying sliding the blade backwards and forwards in the clips a coupl of times just in case it has partially stuck and is not lying properly flat

Our Bosch fitted blades wipe properly

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #3 of 7 Old 02-07-2012, 11:24 AM

Hi Steve,

On my previous car, a Nissan Tino, I switched to Bosch wiper
blades and thought that they were excellent, a great improvement. My
C-max has the original Ford blades and I must say that they appear to be
equally as good, they are now 1 years old. Time will tell, but they
do not lift at the moment.

2009(10reg)1.8TDCi115Titanium

post #4 of 7 Old 02-07-2012, 01:03 PM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie

I have recently changed to Bosch blades from whatever was fitted when I bough the vehicle last July. (At 3 yrs old and 14500 miles,would they have still been the OEM blades?) The old blades had an offset aerofoil section with the foil about 2/3 from the bottom. The Bosch ones are 50/50. I have not experienced either blade lifting due to airflow, even doing 50mph into a F10 Gale and driving rain!
The old ones smeared badly regardless of my cleaning them with neat screenwash and the screen with "Rain X" cleaner, followed up by an application of Rain X treatment. That always did the trick on any other car I've had. I was told by the salesman in the autoshop that the new style "aero" type blades tend to wear in the centre over time and become ineffective, rather than splitting at the ends as the old articulated type did, which is an MOT failure. The current type don't appear to do that. The difference after fitting the new Bosch blades is frankly, unbelievable, and well worth the breathtaking 35 for the two blades!!!
I have seen blade refills offered on ebay for 3.99 for three 28" lengths. However, I couldn't see any way of dis-assembling my old blades without destroying them so didn't proceed with that. Any ideas on that one folks??
Edited by: Big Budgie

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #5 of 7 Old 02-07-2012, 02:31 PM

I changed the rubber blades on a set of bosch aerotwin wipers once. It's not a particularly difficult job - just pull the end-caps off the blade with pliers, remove the rubber blade, and use it as a template to cut the replacement blade to size, insert the new blade and pop on the end-cap.

2011 Grand C-Max Titanium
post #6 of 7 Old 02-07-2012, 05:56 PM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
Yes! Unfortunately these aren't Bosch blades. I have tried allsorts to get the end caps off to no avail. I wouldn't care, but for the worn out wiper blade part, they're perfect! far too good (and expensive) to throw away without at least trying to resurrect them!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #7 of 7 Old 02-08-2012, 01:22 PM

Isn't that the way things are? You only need a simple replacement seal, washer, etc. but have to buy the whole thing – not just the one you wanted – but in a sealed pack of two!

[img]smileys/smiley29.gif[/img]

2009(10reg)1.8TDCi115Titanium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page