Winter - How many days to Battery go Flat? - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-04-2019, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Question Winter - How many days to Battery go Flat?

Hi,

I have a battery drain issue with my car and I just took it to a local Automotive Centre and it is being checked by now.

I never notice any problem when I use the car at least for a 2-mile drive to a shop every day. I drove the car to home one evening, had parked the car without starting for the next day and in the morning of the day after, the battery was completely flat. After a jumpstart, I drove for a while and the car started without any problem after that. I noticed that the power didn't come to the Audio setup which is consistent with a potential electrical leakage. After the repair, I wish to test how long would it take for the battery to go flat.

This is a very new battery. Therefore, I would appreciate if someone could comment mentioning how long should it remain without running flat if there is no electrical system issue or leakage. Then I can know for sure that the actual issue has been fixed properly.

Thank you.

Ford C-Max Ghia 1.8L - 2004 : Manual Transmission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-05-2019, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Update:
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightbeat View Post
Hi,

I have a battery drain issue with my car and I just took it to a local Automotive Centre and it is being checked by now.

I never notice any problem when I use the car at least for a 2-mile drive to a shop every day. I drove the car to home one evening, had parked the car without starting for the next day and in the morning of the day after, the battery was completely flat. After a jumpstart, I drove for a while and the car started without any problem after that. I noticed that the power didn't come to the Audio setup which is consistent with a potential electrical leakage. After the repair, I wish to test how long would it take for the battery to go flat.

This is a very new battery. Therefore, I would appreciate if someone could comment mentioning how long should it remain without running flat if there is no electrical system issue or leakage. Then I can know for sure that the actual issue has been fixed properly.

Thank you.
According to the local automotive centre, the problem is with the Sony Audio setup (which I wouldn't even use). It has been removed from the car now until they get some quotes from someone who could fix/service that.

According to their report,
=====================================
  1. Check and test for current drain
  2. Check BCM and Alternator
  3. Battery shows discharged state charge and lock
  4. Vehicle allow systems to shutdown
  5. 0.8 amp discharge disconnect radio
  6. Drain reduces to 0.1 amp test and advice radio fault
  7. Leave radio disconnected to prevent drain
Labour cost + VAT (12.50) = 75
======================================

I could see on the audio system there is a sticker says that it has been serviced in 2006 (after 2 years from the manufactured year). Considering this is a pretty old CD driven audio setup, I wonder whether it would be worth to install a new setup (maybe with Android auto) rather than servicing/repairing this.

Do you know whether there are such audio systems that are compatible with the Ford C-Max Ghia 2004?

Thank you.

Ford C-Max Ghia 1.8L - 2004 : Manual Transmission
post #3 of 3 Old 01-07-2019, 12:35 PM

I have read that a battery loses about one percent of its charge per day. So after about a month, you may not be able to start. I just replaced my 2013's battery since after almost 6 years, it is probably about to fail anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page