what wheels fit a c-max - Ford C-Max Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 05-04-2012, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

what wheels fit a c-max

Evening all am looking at getting a spare set of wheels as my 17 inch alloys are looking a bit knackered the previous owner must have lived down a lane or had a lot of pot holes where they lived as they have scuffs and minor curbing on the edges .

Will also use them as winter wheels as well i no it will be mondeo wheels or will the focus ones fit as well not worried about having 17 inch wheels will go to 16 inch if they fit ok .

Car is a 2008 1.6tdci c-max with 205/50/r/17 93w tyres .

Thank you for any help .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-05-2012, 12:40 AM

Send a message via MSN to Big Budgie
Hi there. Most Cmaxes are fitted with 16" wheels as standard. Mine is a 2.0 TDCi and I bought a set of 2nd hand 61/2 J ex Mondeo steelies (20 each) for my winter tyres. Also got a set of brand new trims off ebay for 30. The standard 16" alloys are 7"J so the steels are well within limits. To be honest, I'd bin the 17" wheels as 16" ones give a more compliant ride and the tyres are half the price. Wheels from any 5 stud Ford will fit except the Galaxy, which was a VW in drag!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #3 of 12 Old 05-05-2012, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Thank you will look at whats around now and let you know how i get on . The 17's were on the car and it doesn't feel like other cars i have driven . Think 16's are going on it now and may see if i can sell my 17's when i find 16's . thank you for reply .

2008 1.6 tdci titaniun

post #4 of 12 Old 05-05-2012, 09:02 PM

This is a useful site for reference of what fits what.
Alloy wheel fitment guide and pcd's, find your new rim sizes here!
It seems to have been fairly recently updated. You will notice that quite a few cars have a 5x108 stud PCD, but that's not the whole story. The centre hole should be the correct size to help locate the wheel properly. Citroen for instance are 65.1 and Ford are 63.4 so The Citroen/Peugeot wheel will go on the Ford, but not vice versa. Ideally a centre adapter/spacer should be used to get the offset within limits to avoid over-stressing the bearings.
Happy Hunting!

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #5 of 12 Old 05-05-2012, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Evening had a look at site thank you . Looks like a mondeo 5 stud or transit connect 5 stud fit ok .

The hunt starts .

2008 1.6 tdci titanium
post #6 of 12 Old 05-06-2012, 12:27 AM

Can confirm Mondeo 16" steels are perfect. Other Mondeo wheels should also be OK.

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #7 of 12 Old 05-07-2012, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Been having a look around for wheels and a friend of mine has just broke up a renault laguna with 17 inch alloys and he has given me 1 to have a look at its a 5 stud and its 108 but centre hole is 60.1 so would need a spacer / adaptor plate to fit c-max .

Would these be ok or should i keep looking for mondeo wheels .

2008 1.6 tdci titanium
post #8 of 12 Old 05-07-2012, 09:53 PM

They'll be alright if you either get an adapter or get the centres machined to suit the Ford hub. Either way it's not going to be that cheap and you may be better off with proper Ford wheels. Have a look on ebay. There's loads of spacers on there that may well do the job. Car customising mags may well have ads for such things too. Check out the cost of machining at a local light engineering shop.
You'll have to check that the offset is within limits as well. It can be adjusted one way with spacers but, again will need the wheel machining if it's too far the other way. There are limits as to how much metal can be safely removed. That's worst case scenario though and, without looking, it will probably be near enough. Measure the distance from the back of the rim to the mounting flange and compare to the wheels you have. Make sure to take account of possible differences in rim width.

2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec
post #9 of 12 Old 05-07-2012, 09:58 PM

have a 16" steel Mondeo here as well

Richard
54 Plate 1.6 TDCI LX ~aspiring to be something else
post #10 of 12 Old 05-07-2012, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Evening . have given the laguna wheel back as it was the centre hole didn't fit as knew it wouldn't and don't fancy having them machined or spacers . Been looking on ebay but all it comes up with are new wheels at crazy prices . Got a couple of breaker yards by me so will phone them in morning and see what they have got def going for 16's now . Thanks guys will keep you informed how i get on .

2008 1.6 tdci titanium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford C-Max Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page